PDA

View Full Version : bow valley

demon666
01-05-2006, 07:57 PM
any1 have the web site for them?

Finaddict
01-05-2006, 08:28 PM
i do not think they have a website.
here is there ph.#http://findabusiness.yellowpages.ca/mp/AB/CALGARY/Bow%2BValley%2BAquarium/403/2724960/6423%2B35%2BStreet%2BSE/Calgary/T2C1N2/0/1/0000000000001851000006360007.html

golfbomber
01-05-2006, 08:39 PM
http://go.to/interamerican

they changed there name to bow valley they were known as interamerican. do a search on RC and find out more about ppl and there experiences with them.

Paverdude
02-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Some good prices, about $200 less than pices wants for the same tank!:razz:

muck
02-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Remember all prices are in US dollars on their site. :wink:

fishmanty
02-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Remember, mitch will take your deposit, wait a month, then fill your head with lies of why ur tank isn't done...

Can take 3-12 weeks to have one tank made...

easier to go to golds and pay a few % more

Psyire
02-10-2006, 05:42 PM
One guy waited 9 months... lol

guysmiley
02-10-2006, 07:16 PM
I made a baby in that time! Lol

Garrick.

i have crabs
02-10-2006, 07:27 PM
mitch built me a few tanks now and never had to wait for any of them and the price is always good.
just picked up a 12" cube made with starfire yesterday.

Psyire
02-10-2006, 08:24 PM
BUT...

You also live in Calgary, apparently that makes a huge difference. Most people who live in Calgary get good service from them. If all you can do is telephone correspondance then he can make your life miserable.

richtg
02-10-2006, 08:32 PM
My tank is a "Mitch" tank. A very long and painful process, and the end result (my tank) had a scratch on the front $$ glass. Noticed it when I got home and cleaned it. I know I didn't do it but couldn't prove it. Starfire too! Next time I'll happily pay more to buy from professionals.

Rich.

Tarolisol
02-10-2006, 08:52 PM
I had no problems with them, but all i got was the glass and i put the tank together myself. only took them about a week as well. I got the 210g tank with starfire front for 700 bucks.and a small 18" cube tank. I also got all the silicone and buklheads.

Paverdude
02-13-2006, 04:51 AM
I thought Mitch was out of BR now, with all his troubles?

Chin_Lee
02-13-2006, 06:51 AM
I've order two tanks from him and both had scratches on them. The first one i was able to sell and mitch gave me a discount on my second one. By the time i got my second one it had scratches too but it was 8 months into my project and i gave up and used it. i was just not prepared to delay for 1 year. i've never been lied so much by a single person. his receptionist would often sigh and criticize him for his empty promises when I explained my situation to her "But when I called Mitch yesterday, he told me he had sent it off already and I'm looking for the waybill info". Her response was something like "I don't know why he does that but they are very busy on another large order and your tank has not been made yet."
that scenario would happen no less that 5-6 times for each of my two tanks.
lesson learned : order your tank 6 months in advance of when you need it.

Psyire
02-13-2006, 04:38 PM
I think the lesson would be... order from somewhere else.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-13-2006, 08:40 PM
I concur. Poor service, scratched products, lying & late delivery = spending my money elsewhere.

danny zubot
02-13-2006, 10:36 PM
I think they're alright as long as you by-pass Mitch and speak to Kelly or what ever the other guy's name is. Thouh, I've only every order glass from them, which they pretty much cut while I waited. I guess if you do what Tarolisol did and by glass and assemble yourself, they'll be alright.

richtg
02-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Chin Lee:

I had the EXACT SAME EXPERIENCE! One of those experiences that I try not to think about because I was so tired of the #@$! that I ended up just giving up and keeping the scratched tank.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

(I'm ok now)

Paverdude
02-14-2006, 02:53 PM
I guess i'll learn from your experiances and order elsewere

Any sugestions? hopefully in Calgary

Delphinus
02-14-2006, 04:39 PM
I kind of hesitated to jump in on this one because it's the same-old same-old and I don't really have anything new to add that I haven't said a pile of times before. But just that when I built my 280g about a year ago, I never once dealt with Mitch, design, payment, delivery, etc. etc. my contact point each conversation was Doug (I never actually spoke to Mitch about it, not once). They took about a month to build the tank, which didn't bother me at all (heck the tank is still waiting for water right now, lots of things get in the way of getting it going but that's another story). No scratches or anything that I can tell. I'm basically happy with the tank and it cost less than half of a few other custom builders that I had give me a quote. So all in all, if I ever were to do it again, I really have no reason to say I wouldn't do it. The only thing is I know the stories (hey, I've been around long enough) and I know that my story, while not unique, is certainly in the minority. And the only other thing is when I contacted them about 6 months ago in regards to getting my cube built, I found out that Doug no longer works there. I actually was disappointed to hear that because I thought he was instrumental in at least my "customer satisfaction." At any rate I found the 30" cube second-hand from a friend of a friend so I had no need to go the custom-build route in the end on that one.

Chin_Lee
02-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Thats too bad about doug cuz after i spoke to him regarding the FIRST tank, it was built within a week just like he promised. Rather unfortunate.....

Tarolisol
02-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Thats too bad about doug cuz after i spoke to him regarding the FIRST tank, it was built within a week just like he promised. Rather unfortunate.....

Doug is who i dealt with as well, great guy gave me a tour of the place and let me buy all sorts of stuff at wholesale prices.