PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhhh.. Don't feel a day over...

DJ88
04-27-2002, 12:46 PM
16.5 smile.gif ( I like to take my age and divide it by two. smile.gif ) Tho I am walking the fine line of a wine hang over. :eek:

Had Ostrich for dinner last night. Went to a cool restaraunt on Robson last night for the old Bday. Owned by a South African couple. What a place.

If you can afford it go. It's Called Razzmatazz.

Good food, good wine. great service and atmosphere. :D

StirCrazy
04-27-2002, 01:30 PM
Happy belated birthday Darren, you should have ssaid something Brad and I were in your area all day yesterday..

mix OJ with 7-up 1/2 and 1/2 it helps :D

Steve

[ 27 April 2002, 12:10: Message edited by: StirCrazy ]

DJ88
04-27-2002, 02:26 PM
If I had known that I could have given you guys Bruce's bags of sand I have here for him.

Yeah I needed more drinks.. lol Like I need a hole in the head..

Did ya do some shopping at J&L?

Silverfish
04-27-2002, 03:03 PM
Steve, I was just wondering who Bead is? :D

Silverfish
04-27-2002, 03:07 PM
Oh ya, ostrich.. awesome stuff. My brother worked at an ostrich farm here on the island as a weekend promotional type chef, cooking it up for folks to try.

It is sooo good, pricey but good.

If you have never tried it you would not belive how it tastes.

[ 27 April 2002, 11:09: Message edited by: Silverfish ]

SuperFudge
04-28-2002, 01:47 AM
Happy Belated B-day Darren,

What kinda reef toy did you buy yourself? :D

Marc.

StirCrazy
04-28-2002, 04:11 AM
Smart A$$ :D

there edited smile.gif

Steve

DJ88
04-28-2002, 04:12 AM
New CO2 tank. :D

If you hadn't been looking at the for sale forum.. ;)

And a new fish.. Bad bad me..

Anyone ever own a dottyback? :D You don't own shrimp if you have.. :D

smokinreefer
04-28-2002, 05:29 AM
which one did you get?

did you see the golden angel? man, if you know what didnt happen to my tank, i woulda got that little guy!

JL, has a lot of cool fish in eh?

again, happy belated. :D

DJ88
04-28-2002, 02:53 PM
I bought the longfin(Pseudochromis polynemus)

Very similar to the Splendid Dottyback. I found out they are actually sold interchangeably by some stores.

Here is the best pic I can find. I'd post one but its still kinda shy. smile.gif

Longfin Dottyback (http://www.themarinecenter.com/pseudolongfin.htm)

Very very cool fish. I have been waiting for ages to get a dottyback like this.

There are some very very nice fish in at J&L right now.

Here's a neat little quote about dottybacks I just found. :D

If ever there was a collector, distributor and retailers combination dream AND nightmare group it's got to be the Dotty backs. They are extremely territorial amongst themselves and can be living terrors if mixed with fishes they don't care for.

The dream part comes from Dottyback shipping mortalities; virtually none. The "Elm Street" portion is finding enough cubicles, containers to individually cordone them off. Their interaction with each other reminds me of freshwater male Bettas, Betta splendens. The big difference is that Dottybacks have large canine teeth and no long flowing fins to slow them down. A large proportion of these fishes are lost by the business from "jumping" out of the system entirely or in with each other.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Shao,

You HAVE to come over and see the teeth on this thing. It is not afraid of me either. When I look at it through the glass it stares right back at me and gets as close as possible.

[ 28 April 2002, 11:09: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

canadawest
04-28-2002, 06:07 PM
Happy Belated Darren! I never would have guessed you were such an old fart! tongue.gif

I too got a new addition to my tank on Friday. Finally that Christmas Wrasse (Halichoeres ornatissimus) I've been waiting to find is now mine! A beautiful little guy.

Now I think my fish population is complete, but of course that opinion could change in time. ;)