PDA

View Full Version : Clicking in my tank

blood_hound
01-04-2006, 03:27 AM
Every once in while I keep hearing this clicking sounds in my tank, most of the time during the night when main lights are off.I been hearing that sounds for almost 2 months now. What could it be?
at first I thought it was a mantis so I start counting my shrimps and snails and their all still there alive and well. And i also observe the mantis that I have and it doesn't click that often not like the one that I hear from my main tank.
And I also thought maybe it is one of equipment, but no.

WHAT COULD IT BE?

RonPeter
01-04-2006, 03:28 AM
Pistol Shrimp maybe.

demon666
01-04-2006, 03:30 AM
a snail being pushed around on the glass by the powerheads(flow) it happens in my tank quite regularly........

Myanth
01-04-2006, 03:52 AM
Or clumsy hermits, I get them falling off rocks against the glass. It can be pretty loud... especially if a fish throws them off. My big perc doesn't like hermits at all.

deep6er
01-04-2006, 03:59 AM
I have seen my snails do a little dance number on my glass and it's shell was hitting the glass making a tap sound. yours might do it too

chwkreefer
01-04-2006, 04:02 AM
Pistol Shrimp maybe.

That would be my guess too. I had a similar thing happen to me many years ago. It would sound like a couple of marbles banging together. By the amount of noise I thought it would be a 6" mantis. Turned out it was a little pistol shrimp about an inch long.

Willow
01-04-2006, 04:05 AM
That would be my guess too. I had a similar thing happen to me many years ago. It would sound like a couple of marbles banging together. By the amount of noise I thought it would be a 6" mantis. Turned out it was a little pistol shrimp about an inch long.
wow mines exact the opposite, thought for a year i had a big pistol, turned out that it was a big ol' mantis.