PDA

View Full Version : Well, let's hope....

OCDP
01-03-2006, 03:16 PM
That all my fish, corals and inverts are okay when I come home from work today. Here's the story so far... I went to bed, the tank had never looked better... crystal clear water, tank is nice and clean.. etc. I woke up this morning, came out of the shower and seen my tank is clouded really badly. The first thing I did was turn the skimmer on (i sleep with it off) . I had no time to stick around and see what was wrong (had to get to work)

Anyone have any ideas as to what caused this? Here's my guesses as of now... I could not see my BTA this morning...could something have happend with him? I couldn't see it this morning. Other than that... I am at a loss, I have not a clue what happened.

I am praying everything will be okay by the time I get home.

geopod
01-03-2006, 03:31 PM
hmmnm.... here is just a thought. Is there any calurpa in your tank at all?Maybe it went a-sexual. My tank went all cloudy one morning when I woke up and I found out that it was the calurpa that did it.

george

Delphinus
01-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Maybe the BTA spawned...

OCDP
01-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Maybe it did spawn.....

It's just that it wasn't out this morning, so I am praying it's not diced and sliced up and the remains are all just floating throughout the tank (not that I could see any though...) So a spawn or split could be two options so far....

Saltysteve
01-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Got kids, check for jello boxes around the tank :D
Don't ask :(

geopod
01-03-2006, 03:46 PM
jello boxes......I can only imagine..And I can see my daughter doing that one.

george

OCDP
01-03-2006, 04:03 PM
haha, no kids... no jello...hahhaa I want to ask... but I won't. Doesn't sound like anything too fun though.

Just hoping all my SPS and fish are okay. Tank is only 20 gallons, that's why I am worrying. Have the Remora on the wettest setting right now. I THINK things should be okay.. nothing too horrible because from the time i seen the tank, it looked like it had cleared up before leaving for work... so one can only hope!

andestang
01-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Maybe a powerhead just fell out of place and is pointed at the sand bed.... just happened to me not long ago :confused:

OCDP
01-03-2006, 05:41 PM
hmm, nope that definitely wouldn't be it, I seen both my Seio's in place this morning. It didn't look like a sand storm either. Looked really cloudy like, not sandy like lol.. (if that makes sense)