PDA

View Full Version : The Only One?

Johnny Reefer
01-03-2006, 03:00 AM
Am I the only one who is having problems with the new board?

I go to make a post in a thread titled "skimmers", in Newbie Creation, after doing a search.
Click submit reply and a message comes up that was so quick to disappear that i could read only the first 7 or 8 words of it.
It said, "Thank you for posting. A moderator will......." or something to that effect. Like I said, the message was so quick I couldn't read it. It was there and then quick as a wink it was gone.
So I check the thread. Yep. No post.
I don't know if it's me or my browser or my machine or CanReef (edit: the board) or what.
But I'm kinda starting to lose a tad bit of patience.:smile:
And I'm quite certain I wasn't on for any longerv than 15 minutes this time and I wasn't told I was logged out so I don't know what's goin' on.
Anyone else gettin' similar grief?

Thanx much,

Jason McK
01-03-2006, 03:09 AM
Mark,

Can't say I've had any problems with the board at all. I usually post quick replys so I'm trying "Reply to thread" with this post, let see if it works

Jason

Johnny Reefer
01-03-2006, 03:14 AM
What's the advantage to Quick Reply?

scuglass
01-03-2006, 03:24 AM
i think it said this will be viewed by a mod before being posted in the newbi forum cause there were problems before the change with questions being asked in that section when the mods asked only facts go in that section. this is said in the newbie forum description

"Posts will be verified by Staff before being displayed"

just a thought

christyf5
01-03-2006, 03:40 AM
The Newbie Forum was always supposed to be a place for articles for newbies, not a place for newbies to ask questions. If you have a question to ask, the Reef Forum is probably the best place as you'll get more views there. We've left the Newbie Forum open as anyone who would like to write an article or give an overview on a topic or information to newbies can post in there and then the moderators can decide whether the info is pertinent.:biggrin:

christyf5
01-03-2006, 03:41 AM
Well an advantage to quick reply is that you don't have to wait for the "reply" page to load, you can complete your typing at the bottom of the page :D

Johnny Reefer
01-03-2006, 03:46 AM
i think it said this will be viewed by a mod before being posted in the newbi forum cause there were problems before the change with questions being asked in that section when the mods asked only facts go in that section. this is said in the newbie forum description

"Posts will be verified by Staff before being displayed"

just a thought

Ya. That makes sense.
So I guess if that's the case then just starting a new thread in Product Reviews forum would be the way to go.

Titus and the Mods: That message that comes up saying, whatever, is way too fast and can't possibly be read in the time that it shows on the screen. It's gone in a second or two. (At least in my case here it did). If I had time to read it, and it said what Scuglass is suggesting it said, I very well may not have gone off on this little rant.

It's just not much seems to be goin' right with this board for me, lately.

I come home after workin' a 12 hour day...wantin' ta make a little post or two and then grief.

Password isn't remembered.
Getting timed out and losing posts.
Now this, today.

Best to just take a break from it for awhile, I suppose.

See ya in a few days.

Cheers,:wink:

Tarolisol
01-03-2006, 05:43 AM
Well an advantage to quick reply is that you don't have to wait for the "reply" page to load, you can complete your typing at the bottom of the page :D

I have no once had the quick reply button work properly for me, it just has the same outcome as pushing the quote button.

titus
01-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Hello,

Yeah I know you have been having problems and thanks for being patience with us. For the password problem please cope with it for now. And for the page refresh issue, it wouldn't be a problem in the future because you know that it was just saying that the post will be reviewed.

Titus

Johnny Reefer
01-06-2006, 03:01 AM
Thanx for your reply.
I'm going to go to my LCS (Local Computer Store) next week when I have some free time and chin wag with them about Password Manager and see if that might solve the password mystery.

Cheers,

titus
01-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Hello,

Sure please let us know what happens as it's a mystery to me.

Titus

Johnny Reefer
01-13-2006, 03:52 AM
:confused:. Who knows?
I downloaded Norton Password Manager, opened up CanReef, and same ol' story. Log In. Log Off. Not remembered. Password Manager didn't even ask if I wanted it to save the password.
So I open up Explorer, (I run CanReef on Mozilla Firefox), and open up PhotoBucket, enter my password and , right away, there's Password Manager asking me if I want it to save the password.
Hmmm. Why didn't this work on Mozilla/Firefox and CanReef?
So I open up Mozilla/Firefox again and this time I try ReefCentral. Enter my password and I'm asked by Firefox if I want it to save my password.
Bizarre. It seems that Mozilla/Firefox does not have a relationship with Norton, when it comes to saving passwords, and it seems that CanReef does not have a relationship with Moziila, when it comes to saving passwords.
Anyhoo, if anyone has any thoughts on how to rectify this, great, otherwise....I'm lettin' this die.

Cheers,:smile: