PDA

View Full Version : Darren: How was Seattle?

Troy F
04-21-2002, 05:45 PM
Spill the details.

DJ88
04-22-2002, 02:18 AM
I tried callin ya today to tell all. smile.gif you weren't home..

It was awesome. Won some Golden Pearls as part of the raffles. As well as a sampler of all the various sizes of golden pearls. smile.gif

Blue Sierra is quite the store. Saw some nice fish and a couple of staghorns I'd have killed for. ;) The prizes available for the raffles were awesome. Icecap MH ballast, Mariners tickets, accomodations at a resort in Mexico, Eclipe tanks, a skimmer, auto top off with a reed style switch, hang on refugium, DT's Goden pearls, Kent stuff. all kinds.

I'll be going back on the 18th of May for the tank tour for sure.

If I do go I get an honorary membership to the PSAS. :D

Thanks to Paul for letting me drop by. Can't wait to see all the gang again.

Gonna come this time? ;)

Delphinus
04-22-2002, 01:43 PM
Those were RAFFLE prizes? :eek: That's unreal. How many members in their society? That's, ah, quite some serious retail value for those prizes!

Troy F
04-22-2002, 05:23 PM
Sounds like fun Darren. How many members do they have?

As for the next meeting; I'd like to but I'm going to Victoria May 11th so getting a second weekend (in a row nevermind) may be tough to do. I'm coaching my son's lacrosse team and free time is at a minimum for awhile.

DJ88
04-23-2002, 04:12 AM
Tony,

All the prizes were donated by suppliers, manufacturers and such. The club didn't spend one cent. They did sell over $700 in raffle tickets tho. Plus membership dues taken in that night.

Was an interesting evening in that respect. Lots to see and learn.