PDA

View Full Version : clown issue

sharelove
01-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Hi, I've got 2 perc clowns that I've had for maybe a week now. One of them for the last couple of days, hasn't been interested in eating. It seems to be OK other than that, maybe moves around a little slower and not very "peppy". Up until now, it's been feeding just fine. Any thoughts? happy new year all.

adidas
01-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Hi, I've got 2 perc clowns that I've had for maybe a week now. One of them for the last couple of days, hasn't been interested in eating. It seems to be OK other than that, maybe moves around a little slower and not very "peppy". Up until now, it's been feeding just fine. Any thoughts? happy new year all.

does he even ignore Cyclop-eeze?

sharelove
01-01-2006, 06:11 PM
right now, yes.

DanG
01-01-2006, 06:39 PM
What else have you tried feeding them?

sharelove
01-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Just yesterday I got some garlic extreme and I added that to the flakes and cyclop
thats all I use right now. I'm new to this...

RonPeter
01-01-2006, 07:58 PM
What size is your tank? How long has it been set-up? Could be alot of things but the more info you give us the more we can help. What are your nitrate levels?

sharelove
01-01-2006, 09:36 PM
90 gal witha hot remora pro FF, 75 lbs LR 3"deep LS. 4x65w pc's(2actinic 2 12000k). 4 maxijet 1200 on a wavemaster pro.
Almost 3 months old. Just did all my tests again today: ammonia 0
nitrate 0
nitrite 0
ph 8.0
alk 4.00

KrazyKuch
01-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Have you tried feeding Brine shrimp....I have never seen a fish turn it down...it's like candy to them....Or Try Mysis shrimp!!!

Beverly
01-02-2006, 02:02 AM
I recently bought two juvenile tomato clowns. They hardly ate at all when I first got them. I kept to a regular feeding schedule (twice daily) and fed the same food day after day. At first, they would sniff the food, then ignore it. A couple of days later, after I was sure they were going to starve to death, they tasted the food but ate only a bite or two. Now when I approach the tank at feeding times, they are crazy to eat.

I think the biggest factor in fish not eating is feeding them foods they are not used to eating. Try one food and stick with it. Feed at roughly the same time(s) daily. And, silly as it may sound, feed from the same place each time, too.

sharelove
01-02-2006, 10:28 PM
I have had them for at least 9-10 days now, and they were eating fine right off the bat for at least 6-7 days. IT is only one of them that is, at this point, about to die. I found him this morning on the bottom breathing very heavily and I removed it and put it in the quarantine sys I just set up. I tried Selcon mixed with cyclop eeze and it just stays at the bottom and I'm pretty sure will be dead by the time I come home from work tonight... There is nothing visually wrong and as I said, it just started acting this way a couple of days ago not eating not moving much and now it's about to die :-(
Not much can be done at this point I'm thinking...