PDA

View Full Version : T5 Blue+ Bulbs?

GMGQ
01-01-2006, 12:16 AM
Does anyone know where I can get them locally in the GVRD? TIA!

hockey nut
01-01-2006, 01:42 AM
Ocean Aquatics carries the nice German made ones.

HTH

GMGQ
01-02-2006, 02:55 AM
Are they the actual Actinic 03 + Blue, or just Actinic 03?

I have some german ones now, and it's not blue. In conjunction with my XM 10K's, it makes my tank a very bright white. But I want some blue in there as well...

hockey nut
01-02-2006, 09:02 AM
well ....as far as I know when the wave length is 430 nm then your in the blue actinic range. That is what actinics are supposed to be at. You may not have enough wattage in your t5s to get the balanced blue light look you are going for. 20k halides put off a white blue where as actinics just put off blue only. Can't say I have heard of actinic + blue. They are all blue around the 430 nm wave length unless you are running 50/50 bulbs. Best bet is to call them and find out. Hopefuly they have what you are looking for.

HTH.

Cheers

GMGQ
01-02-2006, 08:10 PM
This is the kind I'm referring to:

http://www.reefgeek.com/products/categories/lighting/104040.html

I've read about them in forums as well. Supposedly they've got the Actinic characteristics, but also a strong blue light as well.

well ....as far as I know when the wave length is 430 nm then your in the blue actinic range. That is what actinics are supposed to be at. You may not have enough wattage in your t5s to get the balanced blue light look you are going for. 20k halides put off a white blue where as actinics just put off blue only. Can't say I have heard of actinic + blue. They are all blue around the 430 nm wave length unless you are running 50/50 bulbs. Best bet is to call them and find out. Hopefuly they have what you are looking for.

HTH.

Cheers