PDA

View Full Version : ko'd in the first round

demon666
12-30-2005, 04:31 PM
what is the survival rate of my anenome after his battle with my power head? he has tissue hanging off him and his moith is wide oppen compaired to his usual closed... is there anything i cn do to help him out???? or is he a goner?

thank shawn

demon666
12-30-2005, 05:40 PM
no need for any info here got the info i needed and unfortunatly he is a goner.

thanks
shawn

Chin_Lee
12-30-2005, 05:46 PM
no need for any info here got the info i needed and unfortunatly he is a goner.

thanks
shawn

sorry to hear
RIP

demon666
12-30-2005, 05:49 PM
thanks chin

shawn

Beverly
12-30-2005, 06:01 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your anemone getting caught in your powerhead :cry:

However, this is an entirely preventable situation. The first thing I learned before getting my GBTA was to make sure powerhead intakes were well protected so wandering anemones will not get caught in them. Heck, I even have guards on my heaters to protect my GBTA.

Here's a video I made one night shortly after we got our GBTA. Camera was set on video mode and to take a flash pic every 10 minutes. I slowed down the speed of the video to show how much and how far an anemone can travel when the lights are out....
(320 x 240 pixels, 2.3 MB, :54 minutes)

http://www.lostmymarblz.com/v-gbta-tm-lps-night-dec-1-2-05.wmv

demon666
12-30-2005, 06:21 PM
thanks beverly.

i do have guards on the intakes but it appears to me that i may have nocked it loose lastnight when i cleaned my tank and i did not notice i did this.... so yes it is my fault that my clowns buddy is now gone. i will have to take a closer look at my p/h set up when i get a bigger tank. will there be any harm or stress to my clown if i dont replace the anenome right away or will he be ok?

shawn

mr_alberta
12-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Your clown will be ok. It may be stressed temporarily as it is without houseing for the moment, but it should bounce back rather quickly...