PDA

View Full Version : Tank is finally done!

Troy F
04-11-2002, 12:37 PM
I finally completed the tank. I'm going to fill it with fresh water on Friday and let it run for a couple of days to see if there are any problems with the plumbing.

Delphinus
04-11-2002, 01:28 PM
Congrats man. I hope you suffer far less "post water fill Murphy's Law" issues than I have had my with 75g (which has been the inspiration for my sig line)! (I filled the tank in late December, and it has been cycling since then, but the system itself is nowhere near any stage of completion. But then again maybe it will be within another week or two, provided I can find the time to work on it!)

DJ88
04-11-2002, 03:24 PM
Ya beat me.. ;)

Good to hear. Now you can help me. ;)

Troy F
04-11-2002, 07:07 PM
Tony, thanks. Did you actually flood your basement? I completely understand the tearing up $100 bills.

Darren, I had a small head start.

Acro
04-11-2002, 07:22 PM
Troy,

Sounds good. I bet your getting excited now. Hopefully You'll have it stocked in time for the reefin bash this summer.

Jamie

titus
04-11-2002, 07:23 PM
Hello,

Hey Troy, OMG. You finally have it done! Geesh. I have been waiting for sooooo long. Post some pics man.

Troy F
04-11-2002, 07:34 PM
Jamie, I feel like a newcomer all over again. It is going to be tough to go slow and let the tank mature a bit.

Titus, I'd post pics if I had a camera and new how to post pics smile.gif

Shadetree
04-11-2002, 08:46 PM
I will have to see it for myself. :D
What do you mean it will be tough to go slow? You let the glass cycle, stand age and equipment settle in their new surroundings for how long already? tongue.gif

Scott

Troy F
04-11-2002, 09:40 PM
Scott yer killin' me :D . That was premium raw glass my friend, you don't rush stuff like that and nobody needs an uncomfortable skimmer.

Reef_Ready
04-12-2002, 01:53 AM
Congrats Troy, Saw you coming out of J&Ls with a spray bar on the weekend... kinda figured you were back at it.

DJ88
04-12-2002, 02:49 AM
Troy,

You want pics? I have camera.

smile.gif

Delphinus
04-12-2002, 02:56 AM
Tony, thanks. Did you actually flood your basement?

Several times ... the worst was when I filled the tank for the first time. I took a garden hose and attached it to my laundry hookup. Went over to the tank and filled it up to the top. While I was standing there holding the hose filling the tank, the other end sprung a leak, and I didn't realize until I went to go turn the hose off. There was at least 10 gallons on the floor. I don't have a shop vac all I have that can suck up water out of carpet is a little stain buster thing so I used that until the battery was completely discharged. Went upstairs to go get my dehumidifier to let than run overnight to get the carpets somewhat dry, but on the way down tripped and sent the unit ricocheting down the stairs. Punching holes in the drywall as it bounced down the stairs. I hadn't had the unit for longer than 2-3 weeks at the time, too. Twisted my ankle in the fall and fell pretty much all the way to the bottom, flat on my you-know-what.

I still haven't finished fixing the walls yet ... I patched the holes in the drywall and primered, but haven't painted yet.

To top it off, I had to drain the tank a few days later. I don't even remember what the calamity was anymore for that one, just remember that the only logical thing was to drain the tank and refill it.

Murphy is my friend :D

[ 11 April 2002, 22:58: Message edited by: delphinus ]

Jack
04-12-2002, 05:31 AM
HAHAHAHa, sorry to laugh... but that is funny.
LOL

:D

Gotta love how things work out sometimes..

Dale D
04-13-2002, 10:12 PM
Wow!! Done already?

Boy, that was quick. ;) tongue.gif :D

Troy F
04-14-2002, 01:30 PM
Dale ya ol' dog, good to hear from you again (despite the sarcasm smile.gif ).