PDA

View Full Version : Whatcha doing this summer?

DJ88
04-04-2002, 11:43 AM
I know Titus has to go play warrior somewhere. ;)

I will be taking a digital logic course for four weeks. Then enjoying the fine weather. Hopefully a couple of trips to the Okanagan.

What about yourself?

StirCrazy
04-04-2002, 12:05 PM
I am going to take the first week in July and go camping on Gabriola Island (I go every july long weekend but going to do the whole week this time)
Other than that... maby a posable time to bring the tank to life? hmmm...

Steve

titus
04-04-2002, 12:59 PM
Hello,

Haha. They finally offered me the BOTC this summer. :D I have been waiting since '98 and for some reason, any units across the entire country has been pretty much dying for officers. :rolleyes: Unfortunately unless I finish my thesis on time that's an absolute no go for me.

In addition to that, there are plans to both California and Florida during the summer. Nothing is fixed and confirmed yet.

reefburnaby
04-04-2002, 03:12 PM
Hi,

Going home to help my parents move in with me this summer smile.gif They just retired and they have a lot of stuff to move. In particular, my mother has a 33G tank with about a 100 red swordtails ... I told her that her tank is a little overcrowded...what do you think ?

- Victor.

titus
04-04-2002, 03:24 PM
Hello Victor,

Awesome! I thought you were living at your parents' house. That's my plan also, to have parents move in to MY house! :D

The way I see it is this. No house, no woman. :mad: How long have you been working in the industry to buy your own place?

Aquattro
04-04-2002, 03:29 PM
As a soon to be ex-government worker, my summer is going to last about a year!! Renovating my new house and building a new shop are priorities. Summer should be great!!

cvrle1
04-04-2002, 03:31 PM
Hello all
Just wnated to add to the conversation so here goes. Once End of april comes I am working back at playland (for a 6th year) as well as my theatre job so I'll be buisy like hell. At the begining of July my friend and I are going to Spain for 2 weeks and from that 6 days will be at Ibiza (I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!)the rest of the time wil be just whatever happens, happens kinda deal so we'll see.

tangirl
04-04-2002, 06:29 PM
Touring Canada ;)

smokinreefer
04-04-2002, 08:08 PM
hey cvrle1,
i did my time at playland also. :D
tho those fun days are well behind me.

a little early for summer, but i'm going to mexico next week!!

Shadetree
04-04-2002, 08:31 PM
Probably work between 55-70 hours every single week :( Make enough money to buy a new house in the spring of next year :D

Other than that I have 3 baseball games a week and one trip for a ball tournament in Kelowna at the end of July.

Scott

kris
04-04-2002, 09:13 PM
ounce i get my 3 contracts done. i think im gona head over to Tofino and travel the Island for 2 weeks. should be fun.

Canadian
04-04-2002, 10:31 PM
For me it'll be work all day, and some more work in my "off time." Although I can't really complain: I'll have ball games 2-3 days a week, ball practices 2 days a week, ball tournaments every other weekend. Then I'll have Provincials and Nationals towards the end of the summer - the bummer being that Nationals are in BC this year. Then a trip to New Zealand in the Fall for a ball tournament. It's a lot like work, but a little more fun and it doesn't pay as well. ;)

But in addition to playing ball and working all summer, I'm going to spend every spare minute I have riding my new bike into the ground. Once again, a big thanks to Jonathan (Canadian Man) for helping me get into this ridiculously expensive hobby! smile.gif The desire to constantly upgrade in this hobby is worse than reefkeeping!
I'll also be doing as much Bass fishing as possible with my old man out on Elk, Beaver, and Prospect lake.

cvrle1
04-04-2002, 10:49 PM
Hey smokinreefer which department did you work at playland and for how long?

I am in rides (tracks to be exact)

How long ago did you work there?

smokinreefer
04-04-2002, 11:28 PM
heh...its been a loooong time...

i started out at games...worked the gates...then ticket selling...worked the cash office...then a supervisor...probably spent atleast 6 years there.

had a real fun time there tho'...as i'm sure you are too!

my last year there was probably 97 or 98.

MitchM
04-05-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by tangirl:
Touring Canada ;) <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a cruel joke, TG.

Mitch
tongue.gif

MitchM
04-05-2002, 01:16 AM
I might be leaving the country for June and July. I'll know more on Friday.

Mitch

reefburnaby
04-05-2002, 04:08 AM
Titus,

Yah...I have owned my house for about 4 years (paid off). To be honest, I bought it because I couldn't stand living in sub-standard living conditions - aka cheap apartment in Metrotown. I also bought it so that I could convince my father to retire earlier. Its not a new house, but it is a structurally sound house. It needs a couple of years of home renovations...which should keep my parents busy until they have grandchildren. So, really, its their retirement home. They couldn't possible afford a home in Burnaby.

- Victor.

tangirl
04-05-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Carpentersreef:
I might be leaving the country for June and July. I'll know more on Friday.

Mitch<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What's the matter? Scared it might be true?

MitchM
04-05-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by tangirl:
]What's the matter? Scared it might be true?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's not me babe...

Funny how you decide to tour up here when I'm not around!
tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Mitch ;)

...woulda been fun.

Aragorn
04-07-2002, 12:45 AM
I'll be drafting plans for our house in Belize on the beach. Probably going to have to make a trip or two down there this year for business. Hmmm...a business trip to the Carribean. Man. Life's tough. :D

EmilyB
04-07-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Aragorn:
I'll be drafting plans for our house in Belize on the beach. Probably going to have to make a trip or two down there this year for business. Hmmm...a business trip to the Carribean. Man. Life's tough. :D <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Babe, you are trying to run, I know it. Now to Canada..... :rolleyes: I want half.. tongue.gif or I spill the beans.. ;)

Aragorn
04-07-2002, 01:20 AM
Hey c'mon Em! You know I still luv ya honey! I just need a little more time! :D :D :D

tangirl
04-07-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Aragorn:
Hey c'mon Em! You know I still luv ya honey! I just need a little more time! :D :D :D <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/suspic.gif

Fine.

Aragorn
04-07-2002, 02:58 PM
Ummm Tg,

I can explain. It's not what it looks like! :D

tangirl
04-07-2002, 11:22 PM
Whatever.

titus
04-08-2002, 12:40 AM
Hello,

um... interesting thread. I can learn something here from Aragorn.

EmilyB
04-08-2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Titus:
Hello,

um... interesting thread. I can learn something here from Aragorn.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Perhaps... http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/suspic.gif

Lunch..? tongue.gif ;) :D

Aragorn
04-08-2002, 03:54 AM
It's helps to be an ugly, "pencil necked" computer geek also. You know us LAN/WAN nerds, we're animals:
http://home.pacbell.net/jddobbie/dave_1.jpg

OK, so I'm missing my pocket protector! At least I didn't post the one in my leather and chain G-string! :D :D :D

tangirl
04-08-2002, 06:16 PM
Hello Titus, I'm an aquarius and like long walks on the beach...

Love your tv show too, btw. ;)

Delphinus
04-09-2002, 02:24 AM
Aragorn, are you wearing your shades because your halides are so bright?

Mak
04-09-2002, 03:18 AM
Thanks Aragorn & Delphinus, I needed a good laugh today...HE He he... that definatly did the job!!! :D . Talk about LOL :D

christyf5
04-09-2002, 05:15 PM
Hey Aragorn,
Where in Belize are you planning on building? I lived down there for 3 months in 1999. What a beautiful country!

Christy smile.gif

Aragorn
04-10-2002, 11:44 PM
Christy,

We bought a piece of property on Ambergris Caye. It's about 9 miles north of San Pedro. The lot sits just 800 ft off the beach and backs up to a "common area" with direct access to the beach. The barrier reef is situated not just 1/4 mile off shore. I can already taste retirement. :D

christyf5
04-11-2002, 12:04 AM
Oh dear god how I envy you. I visited Ambergris Caye while I was there and did some snorkelling. That was before I got big into reefkeeping but I can still remember the beauty of the fish and corals.
Man I gotta get a better paying job. http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Christy smile.gif

Troy F
04-11-2002, 12:05 AM
Aragorn, I'm an aries and I like long walks on the beach. J/K

Seriously though, what a great way to get old.

Aragorn
04-11-2002, 01:28 AM
Well, for those of you interested, keep me in mind and shoot me an email if you're ever interested in visiting Ambergris Caye. We're probably going to rent the house out from time to time until we retire. Check out my website if you'd like to see some dive shots. The link is off my home page toward the bottom.

www.tahoereefs.com (http://www.tahoereefs.com)

BTW, Troy, actually I'll only be 49yrs "young" when I retire. Our plan is to sell the house here in South Lake Tahoe, buy a 50ft "live aboard" sailboat and sail to Belize. Oh yeah smile.gif

titus
04-11-2002, 03:36 AM
Hello,

um... wish I can actually take her for a walk on the beach or lunch.

Troy F
04-11-2002, 11:55 AM
>BTW, Troy, actually I'll only be 49yrs "young" when I retire.&lt;

Which is why I said, "...to get old". I could see by your picture that you weren't 90. Looks like you found the grail.

PS: If you keep saying "oh yeah" at the end of posts, we're going to have to start calling you Duff Man ;)

[ 11 April 2002, 07:56: Message edited by: Troy F ]