PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Parker
12-28-2005, 11:10 PM
My Damsel passed away somewhere around 36 hours ago I'm guessing.. I only noticed about 8 hours ago when my two clowns where lying in the sand but alive. I pulled the deceased Damsel out did a 50 percent water change and started to pray. This was eight hours ago.

I just got home from work and one clown seems to be doing better but the other is still lying in the sand for the most part. They are both taking food. I did another partial water change..bringing me up to 75% total today. Is there hope for recovery or should I maybe do the humane thing and euthanize her? When I went to bed at 11:00 last night both clowns were active and seemed in good heath.

I have no idea what caused the damsel to pass, my Nitrate was up around 10 ppm this moring, I'm not sure if this was due to it's passing or the cause of it passing.

Parker
12-28-2005, 11:14 PM
In addition all inverts are alive and doing extreamly well as far as I can tell?

adidas
12-29-2005, 12:14 AM
I would put an airstone in. give em lots of air. I almost lost my 1 year old Saddleback when i moved lasst week, he weas laying on side probably minutes from death......gave him an airstone and lots of flow and he recovered 100%

Parker
12-29-2005, 12:33 AM
Alright, I'll give tha a try.

Regards

Parker
12-29-2005, 11:41 PM
77 views and one reply with an offer of help? No one has any ideas? Status is still the same, lying in the sand..but taking food.

reeferaddict
12-30-2005, 12:39 AM
People probably aren't offering to help because you seem to have it in hand.... stop the water changes unless you get an ammonia reading... as you don't want to do anything to further shock the fish... as long as he's taking food I would say things look positive... :mrgreen: