PDA

View Full Version : I'm back, hide the silverware and put away the alcohol

BCOrchidGuy
12-28-2005, 07:23 PM
Hi everyone, some of you know me and a lot of you don't. I've been away from the board for almost 2 years now. My wife and I divorced a little over a year ago, we seperated quite a long time ago. I've been living in a small apartment in New West and am just in the process of setting up a 15 gallon nano, a large step from my previous reef of 155 gallons but it's still a burden on the pocket book what with child support and all.
I've been dating a wonderful woman now for a year and a half and we are very much in love, she shares my interests in reef aquariums, fishing, out doors and pretty much everything else I enjoy. My son and her two children get along very well and they keep asking us when we are getting married.
My son is having his 9th birthday on Dec 31, when I started on this board he was just 4, maybe 5. He's been to one of the reef club meets with me and he's often with me at the local fish stores.
Work sucks, I wish I could win the lotto but then again I figure most of us wish for the same.
My girlfriend and I have a dog, we got a beautiful 7 year old male Whippet from some breeders in Seattle who are just getting started in breeding and Cisco was their first Whippet, with upwards of 7 adult dogs they found they werent giving him the attention he needed so they decided to find a new home for him. We went to Squamish to some Whippet races and met the dog and the couple. They pretty much passed us his leash and said take him for a walk, visit with him etc etc, and just bring him back before you go home to let us know what you think. We loved him, they liked us and we ended up driving home with 2 adults, 3 kids and a Whippet in a Mazda Protoge. The people we got him from dropped by my girlfriends on their way back to Seattle and dropped off his vet papers, his rabies tags and such. They've emailed us tons of pictures of him from their time with him and they continue to keep in touch, asking how he is etc. He is a huge part of our lives now, he's a great family dog, all he wants is someone to cuddle up with and some food, well, lots of food, he thinks he's hungry all day. He isn't hyper, he is quiet and when it's time for play he is a riot, once play is over he will sleep for the rest of the day, unless he needs to go outside.
Anyway, I'm rambling on again as per usual. It's nice to be back, hope to hear from everyone. Best of the season and Happy New Year.

Doug

EmilyB
12-29-2005, 01:00 AM
Super for you on the dog adoption Doug ! We love our new adopted dobie couch/bed dog. I just wish I'd found yet another couch dog instead of the demon :twised: shepherd puppy :lol:.

Glad to hear you're heading into the New Year with good times. :smile:

martym
12-29-2005, 01:06 AM
Welcome back, glad everything is going well for you.