PDA

View Full Version : Fish aggression

deep6er
12-28-2005, 04:30 AM
I just got 3 nice black cap Damsels today (around 11:00)from a LFS and when I got home tonight I noticed that someone in my tank is not nice, They were scared to death. The tails were all nipped at. I know what fish it is but I did not think they had it in them.

I have 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, 2 Yellowtail Damselfish and 1 green chromis.
I know it is the yellowtail's because the each have there own section were they stay and defend.

How can I make them behave? if they have to go I no problem with it.

geopod
12-28-2005, 04:49 AM
yeh I would be watching the yellow tails for sure.They get very territorial when they are breeding.
But then again could be the clowns.I bought two Bangaii Cardinals and my clowns went after them like crazy bitting I had to remove the Bangaii's or they would have been dead.

george

deep6er
12-28-2005, 03:17 PM
so can I do anything to stop the two fish?

muck
12-28-2005, 03:32 PM
What size tank are we talking about here?

Damsels are known to be overly agressive and it might be that nothing other than removing the offenders will do anything.
But, before you do that you could try to rearrange the rock work and hope for the best..

deep6er
12-28-2005, 07:21 PM
well i have them in a 33. im going to take them out. I have someone who will take them. It will be hard for me to move everything around and I pefer the black cap to the blue. I was also told that they need to be in a large group of 6 or more to not be so aggressive. Well we shal see what happens.

Thanks for all your help