PDA

View Full Version : Rob Toonen is in the house

DJ88
04-08-2002, 09:01 PM
I noticed. Suprised no one said hi in the thread.

Jack
04-08-2002, 10:20 PM
LOL, not to be rude but who is that guy? ...seriously

:D

Troy F
04-08-2002, 11:16 PM
He's a marine biologist that has been very helpful on the boards. Have a look in the reefs.org library and check out some of his articles. He's from Alberta, an added bonus for bragging rights ;) . Oh and the author of my favourite reef board quote; arguing with ______ is like banging your head against a brick wall, it accomplishes nothing and feels so good when you stop.

Delphinus
04-09-2002, 02:22 AM
DJ88 and Troy, I don't think that's fair! I said both "hi" and "thanks for info."

You know .... a moderator could also have said "hi welcome to the board" hmmmmmmmmm... ????

;)

[ 08 April 2002, 22:36: Message edited by: delphinus ]

George
04-09-2002, 04:53 AM
wooohoo, did you guys notice that Rob was here and posted a message? Very cool. :cool: I hope he visits the board more often.

George

Troy F
04-09-2002, 09:58 PM
Tony, you did such a great job I thought, "why bother". ;)

Seriously though, I didn't know until I read this post and then spent half an hour looking for it. Darren finally told me it was in the Calgary Reef Club section. I have to start dropping in that forum from time to time, you guys are having interesting conversations over there without us.

DJ88
04-09-2002, 10:07 PM
Tony,

I saw that after I said my little blurb. Good job. :D

And I was gonna suggest to Titus just what you are hinting at. smile.gif

Delphinus
04-10-2002, 11:53 AM
Actually I'm pretty honoured he dropped in on our "virtual sump" ( ;) ).

Personally I think this is a great board. And I think this maybe means word is spreading. I'm not sure when this happened, but sometime recently my post count here overtook my RC post count. :eek:

Jack
04-10-2002, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I agree. I worry "aboot" that too.

Sorry to steal your joke :D

canadawest
04-11-2002, 04:33 AM
I also think it's great that we are getting some more people curious "aboot" our little Canadian board.

I just hope that we can stictly manage the board to avoid the pitfalls and anarchy of the larger US boards. We have a great user base here and plenty of knowledge, and it would be a shame to lose the "family" feel of the board.