PDA

View Full Version : iPod Nano's

OCDP
12-27-2005, 03:50 PM
These things are damn sweet... anyone else have one?

scuglass
12-27-2005, 05:35 PM
just make sure u dont have tight jeans and sit down with it in ur pocket. they snap easily.

OCDP
12-27-2005, 06:05 PM
thanks for the heads up... too damn expensive to go and break it like that haha. they dont look like they'd break easily... hmm...

this happened to you??

scuglass
12-27-2005, 06:07 PM
no a couple of my brothers friends. id buy a case for it thatr seems to help. i have an old one.but i leave it in my car hooked up to the stereo so i dont have that problem

OCDP
12-27-2005, 06:28 PM
they must have bene pretty rough with it haha... i can barely bend mine. I think they are made of titanium or something... cause mine barely bends at all... oh well. thanks again..

smokinreefer
12-28-2005, 12:39 AM
heh, apple finally got to me too.

was never a fan of ipods, mostly because i felt they were a bit too big and cumbersome.

but once the nano's were released i snatched up a black one. it is slick.

there are a few different hard cases on the market now. i plan on picking one up soon. just google it if your interested.

cheers.

scuglass
12-28-2005, 01:53 AM
if u have an alpine deck in ur car with ai-net i suggest picking this up it charges ur ipon and u can controll the ipod thru the cd player.

sorry it wont let me link to it 4 some reason.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/
products>car audio>headunits>mobilemediastations

KCA-420I

DanG
12-28-2005, 09:41 PM
I got mine a couple days after they came out. The problem with that is that mine's now scratched up from being in my pockets and at the gym.

I now have one of these cases.

http://matias.ca/ipodarmor/index4.php

Bryan
12-29-2005, 02:17 AM
Check this out. The IPOD Nano is a lot more durable than it looks.

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/nano.ars/3

scuglass
12-29-2005, 02:37 AM
they didnt try to snap it in half tho.

OCDP
12-30-2005, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the link, Bryan.. pretty cool. Obviously if the nano can stand that much abuse, it surely wouldn't snap that easily in your pocket.

Abbyreefer
12-30-2005, 06:01 PM
If I have usic already downloaded from the web (not from itunes) can I still transfer them to my Ipod Nano ?? Or do the songs HAVE to be downloaded from itunes ?

Thanks .

DanG
12-30-2005, 06:53 PM
You can still use your own music on it, you don't need to buy it from itunes.

OCDP
12-30-2005, 07:25 PM
Yeah you can use your own tunes... haha, funny though... as soon as you open the ipod box, taped across the ipod ("don't steal music") eeeek, oops? hah...

shadowboy
12-30-2005, 07:45 PM
not to diss the nanos but creatives zens are awesome, get them on sale for 199$ 2500 songs and couple other features that nanos dont have, fm tuner, wall adapter and so on...
just a thought
and they dont snap in half
tb

button_babe
03-06-2006, 09:04 PM
I have a shuffle but if you have a cover for it they are prety hard to break:redface: dropped mine on the floor a couple times.........oh well it still works :biggrin:

digital-audiophile
03-06-2006, 11:01 PM
I got a the 30gig Ipod Video with my Ralph Bucks. I love it :D

G1GY
03-07-2006, 02:53 AM
We bought our oldest daughter one for Christmas.......... She loves it! :)

allincuddy
03-07-2006, 04:08 AM
Do they take 8 track, guess I'm showing my age.
They sound great, how much??

OCDP
03-07-2006, 05:42 PM
My nano was 267$ with taxes. It's only 2GB though.

digital-audiophile
03-07-2006, 05:46 PM
It's only $379 for the 30gig video. Worth the extra few bucks if you don't mind a little bit bigger of a unit.

lil_clownfish13
03-09-2006, 03:03 AM
I got my nano at christmas, i love the lil thing...although id have to say the biggest complaints with it are:

1) the LCD screen is not covered by any sort of warranty; nor is it fixable... so don't drop it or push the screen hard...apple doesn't help you at all

2) you have to pay for customer service calls to the 800 number after your first free one.

2) the battery is lithium ion, so when it dies, thats it...

3) the front and back covers are such soft plastic/metal that they scratch SOOOOO easily. Mine has never been out of its skin, and its scratched a little bit already-- Get a silicon skin or buy an "I-Condom" screen protector/body protection sticker from ebay for 8 bucks.

But don't get me wrong...i love my ipod, i keep it in my sweater pocket all day to keep it from denting etc. i am a user of public transit so it makes the trip a lot nicer...they charge fairly quickly and have some neat little features like a screen lock and calendars and silly little games.

I quite like my ipod. My boyfriend broke his, but now he's upgrading to a video pod because its not so delicate. I'd say that if your the type who's not good with delicate little things, avoid the nano and get the bigger video pod.

just my 2 cents :)

digital-audiophile
03-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Purchase the ectended warranty too if you get it from futureshop or the like. For and extra 40 bucks or so you get alot more peace of mind.

OCDP
03-09-2006, 04:08 PM
My only complaint is the scratching. They scratch easy... but hey a scratch isn't going to hurt anything and I could really care less. As long as I can see the songs and hear the music , then I'm good to go.

I dont' see how people are literally breaking these things... you've gotta be fairly careless if you are IMO.. they seem pretty darn tough.