PDA

View Full Version : Ampmaster is Here!!

titus
04-03-2002, 01:15 PM
Hello,

Just received my Ampmaster 3000 today! This thing is gonna rock!

Interesting. The Ampmaster 3000 is an Emerson Electric motor, connected to Dolphin's wet end. I wonder if we can go to Amature Electric in Vancouver to buy a bunch of these motors.....

The motor is the same size as the one on my Ridgid table saw but is rated at 1/15 HP, whereas the one on the table saw is 1-1/2 HP. Since the two are the same, I wonder how much more powerful the Ampmaster would be if I modify it with my table saw motor. :eek:

[ 03 April 2002, 09:22: Message edited by: Titus ]

Mak
04-04-2002, 11:45 PM
Titus, are there any pic's of your tank anywhere? PS: Your signature should read "The BIGGEST LITTLE tank in the world" :D

StirCrazy
04-05-2002, 01:03 AM
you could easaly run a skimmer with 3 beckets and give a whole new meaning to the word overskimming LOL

are you going to use any of the flow for tank circulation? it will be interesting to see how you set that up. oh does it have a rating for say 5' of head and 10' of head?

Steve

titus
04-05-2002, 03:30 AM
Hello,

Sorry guys. I want to set the gear up badly but at the rate that my thesis is progressing, I'm not going to get sidetracked.

When I used to drive the Beckett skimmers, I realize that at 1200gph it could still do better. My original plan included doing the return and extra filter canisters but for now just skimmer driving.

Troy F
04-05-2002, 04:07 AM
Well...do you have it hooked up yet? I'm picturing the tank exploding at the seems ;) .

titus
04-05-2002, 04:21 AM
Hello,

Won't be hooking it up just yet. The system has to be re-plumbed to fit the pump in. It's freaking huge, compared to the rest of the setup.

Exploding at the seams? Um... I was thinking of using it to drive my skimmer primarily, and probably some filter canisters filled with carbon. Actually Beckett injectors are only 1/2" and the pump itself is 1-1/2".

But haha, a 3600gph pump for a 20g!!