PDA

View Full Version : skimmers

fishguyxd
12-26-2005, 11:37 PM
I am looking at the asm skimmers(insump) but never used one I have heard the work well but not sure ,where do i have to place it in the sump, near the drain pipe or middle ? could it go there ( I don't have a super amount of room in the sump drain area, What type of skimmer is it ( venturi,etc) and how do you set it up? looking for info please.

vanreefer
12-27-2005, 12:33 AM
I am looking at the asm skimmers(insump) but never used one I have heard the work well but not sure ,where do i have to place it in the sump, near the drain pipe or middle ? could it go there ( I don't have a super amount of room in the sump drain area, What type of skimmer is it ( venturi,etc) and how do you set it up? looking for info please.

Awesome skimmers... anywhere in the sump will do.... It is a needle wheel skimmer... setup is easy, run in bathtub of fresh water overnight, put anywhere in sump, plug in and you are off to the races.

Invigor
12-27-2005, 12:37 AM
run in bathtub of fresh water overnight

what's that do?

vanreefer
12-27-2005, 12:40 AM
what's that do?

Suggested on RC in an ASM thread
I believe it was to remove most of the oils and residue of manufacturing... supposed to decrease the break in time...

fishguyxd
12-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Ok A needlevalve setup I thought I heard they are sometimes problems with this type or is it a different type?? I also heard that the asm skimmers work excellent ? So what benifits will i notice in the tank after currently i do not have a huge bioload When buying one Do i get one capacity rated for just my tank and sump water volume or get one that is bigger for future expansion or will i have a overskim problem?

mark
12-27-2005, 02:42 PM
ASM has their own discussion forum with posts specifically for their products. http://www.asmskimmer.com/phpBB2/index.php

I've got the G3, though still in the box.

fishguyxd
12-27-2005, 03:20 PM
ok thanks for the web link