PDA

View Full Version : 3 or 4 day drive with fish?

snaggle
12-26-2005, 01:25 AM
I am driving back home from Toronto I am going shopping at the sale at BA tomorrow, I was wondering if I can if I can bring live stock for the ride just keep it in a cooler in bags and set up a small tank at night in the hotel, I would also warm up the car before leaving each day. I am hoping for a three day trip with two drivers. I have a nano that is just LR out here right now I can pack the LR in water and bring salt with me to make new water at night.

Brad

Skimmerking
12-26-2005, 03:33 AM
Hey call me up when you get into Brandon, manitoba you can hold up for a few hours and float them in the sump and acclimatize them to my water and then rebag them if ya want too. Mike

I live at 338 dennis st jsut off 1st street by the trans canada high way..

pm me if ya want too.

I can have some coffee on for ya :mrgreen:

Gools
12-26-2005, 04:06 AM
Get yourself a inverter at Canadian Tire, to plug into your lighter. Then plug a air pump with air stone into it, and this way your fish will have lots of oxygen( biggest concern). Being inside a car as long as your heater works and you keep it warm they should be fine. You could also take a few 4L milk jugs full of saltwater and do a few small water changes along the way. Best of luck.

AndyL
12-26-2005, 07:18 AM
My method when I was shopping in calgary/edmonton was a cooler setup with a heater, air pump (ran it in an airlift configuration), running off an inverter - basically a small tank setup running in the car.

Really with the inverters you can cheaply get these days, you could in fact set up a tank within a cooler for transport.

Andy