PDA

View Full Version : the sump at reefs.org

Troy F
01-22-2002, 12:19 AM
Have any of you visited? Scott was nice enough to show me a couple of threads there a week or so ago and now I can't help going back and looking. It is like a freakin' car crash. What is up with some of these people? I remember reading a request a while back in the Feedback forum that one of them wanted something better than "Reefer" as his title because he has over a 1000 posts and spends all has time there. It was one of the dans; dan hippo or connor or something. There are maybe ten or twenty of them. I mean that friggin' idiot SaltyDog (from the GARF wars) is still there. My doctor says I shouldn't dwell on stuff like that but I want to round them up (all of them, not just the dans) and smack their little smart ass faces right off their goddamn heads. Thanks for letting me vent.

StirCrazy
01-22-2002, 12:23 AM
LOL, I have never looked in the sumb but now that you have said that I will have to look. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Steve

DJ88
01-22-2002, 12:39 AM
Troy,

I know what you mean.. They are a different bunch. I used to dwell there and post quite frequently but they got a bit out there for me. I can't imagine how much server space they take up with some of their threads. Now those are bandwidth hogs.. LOL!

We won't go into the God complexes. . images/smiles/icon_wink.gif images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif hee hee. sorry that slipped out.. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

naesco
01-22-2002, 01:04 AM
Just a tad harsh. That is what the sump is for.
Some of the guys like SPC are invaluable to the main board.
Also they are Americans and think different then we do on many subject.
Did you realize that you are 242 from squat on this board?

[ 21 January 2002: Message edited by: naesco ]</p>

DJ88
01-22-2002, 01:08 AM
naesco,

It was a joke.. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

At least mine was.. kinda.. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

[ 21 January 2002: Message edited by: DJ88 ]</p>

Troy F
01-22-2002, 02:35 AM
I see everyone is "reef keeper". Dr. Ron is reef keeper, steve is reef keeper, EmilyB is reef keeper, even "Kirtis" is reef keeper??????? Can we have more levels of the "reef keeper"s. eg. 1/2 squat reef keeper, full squat reef keeper, senior reef keeper, squat+ reef keepers.........etc. I think you get the ideas.

Or, how about awards to those of us that dedicated our time most to this board versus the RC? I spent almost 100% of my reef chatting time here and just want to be recognized as the most brand loyaled, nerdy reefer of the reef keeping communities.

Just wanted to point out that this is the kind of poster that you have to sift through when looking for valuable advice at reefs.org . Sorry if I offended you Naesco but on the other hand I'm glad something finally brought you out to the local board. Hopefully we'll get to see you at one of the meetings. This weekend I should have some information regarding a starting point for certifying the local retail industry. Your help would be much appreciated.

Did you realize that you are 242 from squat on this board?

Gimme a break. Do you realize how little I care. Reefs.org was a good board once upon a time, now it is an exceptional resource outside the boards. Most of the intelligent posters are long gone.

naesco
01-23-2002, 12:24 AM
No offense taken. I was merely pointing out that there are some really good reefers that hang out at the sump with the others.
The squat part was attempted humour.
I will be happy to help. Please email me and we can talk. Thank you.

[ 22 January 2002: Message edited by: naesco ]</p>

Troy F
01-23-2002, 12:47 AM
Sorry if I seemed a little snappy with the squat thing. I'm just disapointed with reefs.org as a bulletin board. I was kidding around in my initial post, not that I'm not irritated by it, just that I probably wouldn't round 'em all up and slap 'em. Anyway, when I get the information, I'll let you know.

SuperFudge
01-23-2002, 09:18 PM
I couldnt possibly agree more Troy,

I visited and was active on that board daily up until the "Dump" had started.

I too believe that Reefs needs a Danerectomy!
(no offence Dan150 images/smiles/icon_wink.gif )

I thought it was a cool idea when introduced.......now i think the last time i seen it there was a thread regarding what a certain lady asking advise as to what to wear to a dance or something,i think it slipped of the page at about 8 pages of absolute Sh!t.....

Now youll be hard pressed to enter the Chat,Sump or discussion due to just way too many members with swollen heads.

Its kinda funny actually,the same losers who always had something to flame about have migrated to the sump....and now can flame away with very little moderation,then they talk about having lots of posts....ROTFLMAO! with about a teaspoon worth of valid information.

It seems a year or two ago i could speak openly,seek advice and get well educated replies and opinions from most...even occasionally from leaders in the aquarium hobby.

Whered they all go? hmmm....

As this is,i enjoy off topic conversations....just lets me know theres another side to yall!(dont worry,i wont tell anyone images/smiles/icon_razz.gif )
In the Lounge,Sump or whatever where the line is hard to define with moderation,it seems many on that board cannot grasp that often its the user who should moderate himself.

Naesco,Welcome images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif !

I believe i remember you from a year ago or so on that board(pre-sump era),and its good to see you here.
Do you still believe that the board as a whole still enjoyes the combined knowledge base aswell as the general atmosphere it used to hold?

Marc.

[ 23 January 2002: Message edited by: Fudge ]</p>

naesco
01-24-2002, 02:49 AM
I have never participated in the sump except for one or two very short attempts at houmour.
I don't like the politics.
Unfortuneately the board itself has lost a number of the guys you could count of for advice.
I am really active on the industry forum of reefs.org trying to make a difference.

MitchM
03-14-2002, 08:55 PM
.... :D :D :D

Just found this thread.... funny!

Lighten up guys! As a sump frequent dweller, I understand how it must look sometimes, but I laugh at most of it, myself included! :D

Mitch

BCReefer
03-15-2002, 12:43 AM
I go to the sump to laugh. I never take it for anything more than some bored reefers who want to be sociable but can’t meet everyone (since we are from everywhere in the world)

I also enjoy the industry forum as I am learning a lot more about the industry as a whole, and what our hobby is doing to the natural reefs in the world. I am a big leerker and hardly post, but I do read a lot.

This is my main forum and I am here everyday checking out what people are doing, especially DIY for lighting.

Patrick

PS - Darren you are now {SQUAT} (humour har har)

[ 14 March 2002, 20:46: Message edited by: BCReefer ]

DJ88
03-15-2002, 01:05 AM
PFFT!!!!!!! :D LOL!

true enough.. here only tho.. ;)

Do I dare put {squat} in my sig? Will Troy dis-own me? ;)

LOL!

christyf5
03-15-2002, 01:59 AM
Whats with this {squat} stuff? I think I'm missing out on something here http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/suspic.gif

Christy smile.gif

BCReefer
03-15-2002, 01:19 PM
I quote here from another forum but it goes some thing like this.

1. The 1st rule about the {squat} club is don’t ask what the {squat} club is.
2. The 2nd rule – see rule #1

On another forum, they tried to reward reefers who offered their assistance and help to other reefers, as you gained 1,000 post you became a {squat} member and 2,000 you get double {squat} {squat}. As I said it was meant to reward people who tried to help others, and you would receive a $100.00 gift certificate from a vendor or something. Not really sure what you get, Mitch can you help here?

The problem was that many people starting just entering in “ ^ “ or silly stuff like that and it would count as a post, while others spent their days lurking in the sump and just posting there. How do I know this you say, well I am a lurker in the sump, it is really funny sometimes, but I do majority, but not all of my posting in the main forum.

I use Canreef as my 1st place to visit everyday but sometimes to get other opinions, not that I don’t value everyone’s here, I post on other boards.

Titus – what about some sort of an award for posters here? We have some members who have been very helpful to many reefers and I for one would like to see them get some sort of reward. Is there anything that I can help you on this matter?

MitchM
03-15-2002, 11:09 PM
Basically, it's a standing joke. tongue.gif Way back when, someone asked what they get when they've got about 1000 posts to their name. The reply was...you get {squat}...aka nothing. Now it's something to joke about, and we thought up some stuff about squat club, squat gift certificates, (I posted that I got a new Lexus... :D ) The funny thing about it is that some newbies actually believe that you get a gift certificate. So, if some poor soul posts a serious question about {squat}, the rest of us have some fun at their expense. It may sound cruel, but it pays to lurk only in the sump to learn that everybody is joking pretty much all the time, and if new people can put up with the jokes, and laugh at themselves once in a while, we always welcome new, sarcastic humour.
This thread (http://www.reefs.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=25&t=001370&p=) was my squat post, for example.

Mitch smile.gif

tangirl
03-24-2002, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Troy F:
I see everyone is "reef keeper". Dr. Ron is reef keeper, steve is reef keeper, EmilyB is reef keeper, even "Kirtis" is reef keeper??????? Can we have more levels of the "reef keeper"s. eg. 1/2 squat reef keeper, full squat reef keeper, senior reef keeper, squat+ reef keepers.........etc. I think you get the ideas.

Or, how about awards to those of us that dedicated our time most to this board versus the RC? I spent almost 100% of my reef chatting time here and just want to be recognized as the most brand loyaled, nerdy reefer of the reef keeping communities.

Just wanted to point out that this is the kind of poster that you have to sift through when looking for valuable advice at reefs.org.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">lol - You can't see that that is a complete joke?

tangirl
03-24-2002, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Fudge:
now i think the last time i seen it there was a thread regarding what a certain lady asking advise as to what to wear to a dance or something,i think it slipped of the page at about 8 pages of absolute Sh!t.....<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Aw shucks...you remembered. smile.gif

Now youll be hard pressed to enter the Chat,Sump or discussion due to just way too many members with swollen heads.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't go to the chat, so I can't speak on it. I don't believe any of the regular sump dwellers flame each other and I don't believe any of us feel that we are being flamed. We all get along quite well. smile.gif The only people that ever get flamed on the discussion board are Kirtis and J@C. Not going to go into the J@C thing, but Kirtis asked advice, repeatedly ignored it and came back saying "Everything is dead now." Well deserved flames if you ask me. And we were all put in our places by the moderators for it, btw.

As this is,i enjoy off topic conversations....just lets me know theres another side to yall!<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As do we. smile.gif

(dont worry,i wont tell anyone tongue.gif )<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sounds like something a sump dweller would say. ;)

tangirl
03-24-2002, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by BCReefer:
I quote here from another forum but it goes some thing like this.

1. The 1st rule about the {squat} club is don’t ask what the {squat} club is.
2. The 2nd rule – see rule #1<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Again, joke. smile.gif

On another forum, they tried to reward reefers who offered their assistance and help to other reefers, as you gained 1,000 post you became a {squat} member and 2,000 you get double {squat} {squat}. As I said it was meant to reward people who tried to help others, and you would receive a $100.00 gift certificate from a vendor or something. Not really sure what you get, Mitch can you help here?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

That is hysterical!!!! It started just as Mitch said. One of us was goofing around and asked what special thing happens at 1000 posts. Someone else replied that you get squat.

So cool that {squat} is turning into an urban legend.

I'm disappointed that none of you touched on She-Goat. lol

[ 23 March 2002, 22:50: Message edited by: tangirl ]

Cheese Sandwich
03-24-2002, 03:12 AM
We Sump Dwellers aren't really just useless carbon blobs, bent on a speedy entropy death of the Universe, honest!

In the words of a famous motorist, Can't we all just get along???
:D

StirCrazy
03-24-2002, 03:27 AM
I'm disappointed that none of you touched on She-Goat. lol[/QB]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">we are scared to touch on She-Goat :D

Steve

tangirl
03-24-2002, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by StirCrazy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
I'm disappointed that none of you touched on She-Goat. lol<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">we are scared to touch on She-Goat :D

Steve[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good answer. ;)

Praise be ;)

titus
03-24-2002, 04:23 AM
Hello,

Originally posted by Superfudge:
The only people that ever get flamed on the discussion board are Kirtis and J@C. Not going to go into the J@C thing <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My goodness. That J@C is still around? I can't believe they still haven't banned his IP permanently. Man, this guy bought both the CS-2 and Model 1 from me. But he claimed that products were DOA and I called long distance to the guy from West Edmonton Mall as soon as I found out and arranged to ship UPS Express replacement items. After that event, I knew better, which is to have the customer to send the item back to me for warranty repairs, unless of course it's a minor thing.

To this date, I still can't believe there's someone like J@C. They really should ban this guy.

DJ88
03-24-2002, 04:26 AM
Ok, Tan, Cheese,

Did Chucker give you two a day pass or what????

;)

Welcome to the board Cheese.
Tan got her welcome in another thread before I catch it from her for not saying it here.

smile.gif

tangirl
03-24-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Titus:
Hello,

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> The only people that ever get flamed on the discussion board are Kirtis and J@C. Not going to go into the J@C thing <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My goodness. That J@C is still around? I can't believe they still haven't banned his IP permanently. Man, this guy bought both the CS-2 and Model 1 from me. But he claimed that products were DOA and I called long distance to the guy from West Edmonton Mall as soon as I found out and arranged to ship UPS Express replacement items. After that event, I knew better, which is to have the customer to send the item back to me for warranty repairs, unless of course it's a minor thing.

To this date, I still can't believe there's someone like J@C. They really should ban this guy.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just so Superfudge doesn't have to take the heat/credit/blame, it was me that said that. smile.gif

He is banned from Reefs.org, but I didn't want to say that Kirits is the only one that was ever flamed. smile.gif

I did have a run in with him at Reef Central not too long ago though. I guess he's still allowed there. I was told to cut it out though and did. He was b*tching about a product and I was b*tching about him. ;)

SuperFudge
03-24-2002, 12:37 PM
Welcome Tan & Cheese,

Thanks for the save from Titus Tan,Hes so hard on me sometimes ;) .

Marc.

tangirl
03-24-2002, 01:31 PM
Well I know full well that I couldn't pay most people to take credit for things I say. :rolleyes: ;)

ruck'n'reefer
03-24-2002, 01:48 PM
Nice to know you'all have important issues to discuss! I wish I was that bored!! ;)

MitchM
03-24-2002, 02:06 PM
...and so the infection spreads!

Mitch

tangirl
03-24-2002, 03:23 PM
Hey Fudge - about your sig - I'm an aquarius and like long walks on the beach... ;)

tangirl
03-24-2002, 03:28 PM

Or, how about awards to those of us that dedicated our time most to this board versus the RC? I spent almost 100% of my reef chatting time here and just want to be recognized as the most brand loyaled, nerdy reefer of the reef keeping communities.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Troy, where did you find that? I never saw it and went looking last night - do you have a link? I'm not being sarcastic in the least here - I really would like to see the thread - it had to be funny. smile.gif

Thanks

DJ88
03-24-2002, 03:30 PM
I'm an aquarius and like long walks on the beach... ;)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">:rolleyes: Here too?

;)

...and so the infection spreads!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here we go.. lol

coralshrimp
03-24-2002, 05:04 PM
mitch! tan!! cheese!!!

yay the gang is all here! :cool: what'd i miss? for the record, i love the sump and i appreciate the fact that there are people there willing to share anything about themselves, no matter how silly or political. gives a work at home mom with cabin fever a place to have fun. so there. tongue.gif

praise she-goat! :D

DJ88
03-24-2002, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the board Coral,

lol who are we missing now?

smile.gif

Mitch did you start this little influx???? ;)

[ 24 March 2002, 13:10: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

EmilyB
03-24-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by DJ88:
Welcome to the board Coral,

lol who are we missing now?

smile.gif

Mitch did you start this little influx???? ;) <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Shame on you Mitch..
http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/nono.gif

Man, I bet this has the most American members of any Canadian board http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/clap.gif

Hi reefkeepers tongue.gif

tangirl
03-24-2002, 07:54 PM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm an aquarius and like long walks on the beach... ;)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">:rolleyes: Here too?

;)
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thought you'd appreciate that, DJ. ;)

EmilyB
03-24-2002, 08:11 PM
Hey, I thought this was a reef board, you know, like "off topic" means "anything aquarium related" :rolleyes: tongue.gif :D

SPC
03-24-2002, 08:20 PM
Posted by Troy:
My doctor says I shouldn't dwell on stuff like that but I want to round them up (all of them, not just the dans) and smack their little smart ass faces right off their goddamn heads. Thanks for letting me vent.

Hello everyone! Troy, it appears that you don't like the sump to much :D , not to mention all of reefs.org. At my age I try not to get this angry anymore but I can understand someone not liking a particular BB and not visiting it. Thats what I do, I just don't log on to a BB if I don't like it. I would definately follow your Doctors advice though, its not doing your health any good to get this worked up over a bunch of people trying to have some fun and interact with one another.
Steve

ruck'n'reefer
03-24-2002, 09:05 PM
let's hope a bunch of new yahoo's don't ruin a good board.

tangirl
03-24-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by SPC:
a bunch of people trying to have some fun and interact with one another.
Steve<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/suspic.gif Is that what you call it? http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/suspic.gif

This is cool - it's almost like we have 2 sumps now. ;) Maybe this is the refugium?

DJ88
03-24-2002, 09:16 PM
Emily and SPC too.. lol Welcome guys n gals. smile.gif

Yes Tan, I noticed the aquarius hook thrown out there. smile.gif

SuperFudge
03-24-2002, 09:40 PM
Posted by Troy:

Hello everyone! Troy, it appears that you don't like the sump to much :D , not to mention all of reefs.org. At my age I try not to get this angry anymore but I can understand someone not liking a particular BB and not visiting it. Thats what I do, I just don't log on to a BB if I don't like it. I would definately follow your Doctors advice though, its not doing your health any good to get this worked up over a bunch of people trying to have some fun and interact with one another.
Steve<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In Troys defense,id have to say he also has the right to enjoy a board without having to sift thru 5 pages of junk to get to the actual subject of the original post.

I know,i know there will always be some junk,but an over exhausted longwinded debate with 8 pages of a few persons biblical/political heresay kinda makes me wanna ask why you just dont pick up the phone and call each other and argue,unless ones head is so swollen that they may need a few other hundred/thousand members to read their point of view.

I dunno,i kinda wish myself that there was a definate "medium" ;) .

Anyways,Tan...i like long walks too but my legs would give out by the time i got to your place to give you half my stuff...or how bout a pre-nuptual of sorts ? ;) .

Good to see some more people anyways....even if they are squatting she goats!

Marc.

[ 24 March 2002, 17:46: Message edited by: Superfudge ]

SPC
03-24-2002, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the welcome Darren! It seems you may be in the minority however :D .
Steve

coralshrimp
03-24-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Ruck'n'reefer:
let's hope a bunch of new yahoo's don't ruin a good board.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">what, you mean there's another board we missed?
link, please!
http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/lurk.gif

hi, em and steve!! http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/wavey.gif

this is so cool. what should we talk about?
g-strings or tanlines? ;) :D

let's have a {Squat} party! i brought the beer!
http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/toast.gif

[ 24 March 2002, 17:45: Message edited by: coralshrimp ]

tangirl
03-24-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by coralshrimp:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ruck'n'reefer:
let's hope a bunch of new yahoo's don't ruin a good board.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">what, you mean there's another board we missed?
link, please!
http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/lurk.gif
hi, em and steve!! http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/wavey.gif

this is so cool. what should we talk about?
g-strings or tanlines? ;) :D

let's have a {Squat} party! i brought the beer!
http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/toast.gif</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We should probably take it easy over here at first, Coral...Right now they're leary of us. Let's wait until they accept us and they're comfortable and they let their guard down... ;)

[ 24 March 2002, 17:57: Message edited by: tangirl ]

tangirl
03-24-2002, 10:05 PM
Anyways,Tan...i like long walks too but my legs would give out by the time i got to your place to give you half my stuff...or how bout a pre-nuptual of sorts ? ;) .

Good to see some more people anyways....even if they are squatting she goats!

Marc.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heck - if you'll give me half your stuff, I'll fly you in. ;) What do you look like? lol - j/k ;)

SPC
03-24-2002, 10:07 PM
Posted by Superfudge:
In Troys defense,id have to say he also has the right to enjoy a board without having to sift thru 5 pages of junk to get to the actual subject of the original post.

- Then as I said, reefs.org may not be the board for him.

I know,i know there will always be some junk,but an over exhausted longwinded debate with 8 pages of one persons biblical/political heresay kinda makes me wanna ask why you just dont pick up the phone and call each other and argue,unless ones head is so swollen that they may need a few other hundred/thousand members to read their point of view.

-I for one learned a great deal in the 8 page religious thread and I'll bet I'm not alone on that. Now, I am having a bit of a problem understanding which thread you are referring to. I can't remember any thread in the sump that was 8 pages long and only contained "one persons biblical/political heresay", could you point me to that thread?
The reason we don't pick up the phone and call each other is that we couldn't afford the phone bill. You see some of the posters who participate in those threads are from different countries and bring a different perspective to the discussions. I for one feel that it is important to listen to others views in order to broaden my knowledge on various subjects. As far as the "few other hundred/thousand members" reading these points of view so that someone can get a swollen head, I never thought of it that way. I just figured if someone didn't want to read anothers point of view they would simply not read it. If someone wishes to start or post their point of view on a subject, then they do, happens every day. In fact, I think the sump is one of the most tolerant places for posting ones point of view.
Steve

tangirl
03-24-2002, 10:12 PM
In fact, I think the sump is one of the most tolerant places for posting ones point of view.
Steve<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We can fix that... ;)

SuperFudge
03-24-2002, 10:58 PM
-I for one learned a great deal in the 8 page religious thread and I'll bet I'm not alone on that. Now, I am having a bit of a problem understanding which thread you are referring to.

I can't remember any thread in the sump that was 8 pages long and only contained "one persons biblical/political heresay", could you point me to that thread?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Which thread?...Cmon man,your kidding me right?
-
The reason we don't pick up the phone and call each other is that we couldn't afford the phone bill. You see some of the posters who participate in those threads are from different countries and bring a different perspective to the discussions.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I couldnt agree more,now if more were actuall "perspectives" and not flames or one person "spewing",it just might be worth while to visit again.
-

As far as the "few other hundred/thousand members" reading these points of view so that someone can get a swollen head, I never thought of it that way. I just figured if someone didn't want to read anothers point of view they would simply not read it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But how could you expect me to "not read" cuase of the garbage,yet at the same time get someones valid perspective? I couldnt guess what page out of the 8 that it was on...

Anyways,I guess that was your point...thus,i choose not to read all of it and came here ! :D .

Marc.

[ 24 March 2002, 19:05: Message edited by: Superfudge ]

EmilyB
03-24-2002, 11:10 PM
This is great, instead of a bunch of different threads, there is just one. Likely we are confined here.... :eek:

MitchM
03-25-2002, 12:03 AM
:D :D :D

This is GREAT! :D

Okay, everyone, BACK ON THE BUS!!

Let's go infect another board!!

Mitch tongue.gif

Troy F
03-25-2002, 12:43 AM
Well nothing brings you sump folks out like a little criticism. Like flies to something or other. I've been on reefs.org for a long time and really enjoyed learning and sharing knowledge there. Still do actually. My original post was a little bit over the top, sorry if I offended anyone. Steve, please don't take offense, you're a very helpful individual and a conscientious member of the reefkeeping community.

Tangirl, the quote I made was out of the suggestions/feedback forum. The reason it worried me is that the fellow seemed serious. It's bad enough on the boards that people with one or two too many posts think they know it all let alone if you give them friggin' accomadations. Your squat thing is fine and what's funnier still is the picture of a group of fools posting like mad in the sump so that they can get it.

Peace tongue.gif ;) :D

SPC
03-25-2002, 08:07 AM
Posted by Troy:
Steve, please don't take offense, you're a very helpful individual and a conscientious member of the reefkeeping community.

No offense taken Troy, we all need to blow a little steam off every once in a while. And thanks for the complement, I have learned a lot from your reef posts and also feel that you add greatly to the knowledge of the reefing community.
Steve

tangirl
03-25-2002, 09:19 PM
Posted by Troy:

Steve, please don't take offense, you're a very helpful individual and a conscientious member of the reefkeeping community.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Steve - you found someplace they like you! ;)

No offense taken Troy, we all need to blow a little steam off every once in a while. And thanks for the complement, I have learned a lot from your reef posts and also feel that you add greatly to the knowledge of the reefing community.
Steve<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Suck up! tongue.gif

Troy - I really don't think anyone posts just to get {squat} We post because we have very important things to say. Did you know I'm leaving for Key West in 30 days? Did you know Em once knew an aquarius and liked him? Did you know what Cheese Sandwich's favorite food is? Did you know that Danmhippo isn't really a Dan? (so he says :rolleyes: - sure acts like one :rolleyes: )

See what you are missing?

[ 25 March 2002, 17:20: Message edited by: tangirl ]

tangirl
03-25-2002, 09:25 PM
Well nothing brings you sump folks out like a little criticism. Like flies to something or other.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't think any of us are doing anything wrong. We're just having fun here. Who the hell cares what someone we'll never ever see thinks of a board we frequent? (Really not attacking - just being honest - that would be like you caring what I think about you - peace smile.gif )

Tangirl, the quote I made was out of the suggestions/feedback forum. The reason it worried me is that the fellow seemed serious. It's bad enough on the boards that people with one or two too many posts think they know it all let alone if you give them friggin' accomadations.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I figured that's where it was - looked but couldn't find it. That would have been a fun one. smile.gif

Your squat thing is fine...<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Honey, you have no idea... ;)

Peace tongue.gif ;) :D <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Always. :cool:

EmilyB
03-26-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by tangirl:
Troy - I really don't think anyone posts just to get {squat} We post because we have very important things to say. Did you know I'm leaving for Key West in 30 days? Did you know Em once knew an aquarius and liked him? Did you know what Cheese Sandwich's favorite food is? Did you know that Danmhippo isn't really a Dan? (so he says :rolleyes: - sure acts like one :rolleyes: )

See what you are missing?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sigh. Missing friendships with other reefers who really care enough to remember such stupid trivia about you...

You can catch up on all the past reading, just ask coralshrimp tongue.gif

Delphinus
03-26-2002, 02:06 PM
Doggone it ... I blinked and missed the good stuff being passed out again ... it's like high school parties all over again, eeeyikes!

BCReefer
03-26-2002, 05:03 PM
I like this sump type of thread. I know that deep down we are serious about our aquariums, but sometimes it is fun to lay back and yap with friends that share a common interest. We are always constantly being hit with gruesome stories about death by dogs, speeding, drugs, and everything else bad out there that I truly laugh and relax for a few minutes reading about Tangirls exploits. (better be-careful Tan or one day someone will be meeting you at your door to go for that long walk on the beach)

Anyways I have fun reading this as I eat my lunch and snort coke out the nose, (you only do that once)!. :eek:

I think everyone can add valuable comments on topics when they want too.

Darren, Titus, Troy and Dussumieri you people do a great job here and I appreciate the hard work you guys do and I hope you allow this to happen once in a while.

PS – Tangirl – have you ever posted a picture of yourself yet?????
smile.gif

tangirl
03-26-2002, 07:16 PM
I like this sump type of thread. I know that deep down we are serious about our aquariums, but sometimes it is fun to lay back and yap with friends that share a common interest. We are always constantly being hit with gruesome stories about death by dogs, speeding, drugs, and everything else bad out there that I truly laugh and relax for a few minutes reading about Tangirls exploits.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">smile.gif

(better be-careful Tan or one day someone will be meeting you at your door to go for that long walk on the beach)<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know...

Anyways I have fun reading this as I eat my lunch and snort coke out the nose, (you only do that once)!. :eek:

I think everyone can add valuable comments on topics when they want too.

Darren, Titus, Troy and Dussumieri you people do a great job here and I appreciate the hard work you guys do and I hope you allow this to happen once in a while.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">smile.gif

PS – Tangirl – have you ever posted a picture of yourself yet?????
smile.gif <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes actually, I did. They were pics from my vacation. But I had to use someone else's website to link to and he couldn't keep them up. He was one of those darn Dans. :rolleyes: ;)

I'll have more in a little over a month and now I have my own place on the net to host them. smile.gif Have you seen the pics of my baby yet? They are in the Yes!!!Guilty!!! (http://www.reefs.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=25&t=001802) thread. smile.gif

[ 26 March 2002, 15:19: Message edited by: tangirl ]

BCReefer
03-26-2002, 08:02 PM
I have know thanks. So what made all of your people come up to our neck of the woods?

Troy F
03-26-2002, 08:22 PM
(better be-careful Tan or one day someone will be meeting you at your door to go for that long walk on the beach)<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heck if I knew where she lived and was single I'd be knockin' on her door. Buffet, Tolkien andreef aquariums, that is quite a few checkmarks in this guy's book smile.gif . All she has to say is she likes Dylan, the Beatles and Hockey and we have a winner. Y'know Tangirl, the Keys are nice but Vancouver is the place to be :D .

Patrick, I don't see anything wrong with the thread really, other than maybe the first guys post. I do know that Titus would like to stay away from alot of the trash that off topic forums sometimes generate. I'll be real honest, I don't want to see religious or political threads because frankly, I don't care what anybody's opinions are and they are just begging for flame wars to ignite. I don't want to seem anti-flame, no one enjoyed the garf fiasco as much as I did but the trouble with flames on a board of this size is that you'd soon have no one posting anymore.

tangirl
03-26-2002, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE]Heck if I knew where she lived and was single I'd be knockin' on her door. Buffet, Tolkien andreef aquariums, that is quite a few checkmarks in this guy's book smile.gif . All she has to say is she likes Dylan, the Beatles and Hockey and we have a winner. Y'know Tangirl, the Keys are nice but Vancouver is the place to be :D .<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

No Dylan, sorry. I don't own any Beatles, but I do enjoy them. And hockey?!? Go Rats!!! We have the River Rats here - Jersey Devils' farm team. Woohoo!!! Matt Ruchty was my favorite, but he left. He was such a goon!!!

I am a huge parrothead though!!! Saw him 3 times this last tour - just worked out that way. I saw him Labor Day weekend (same as every year) and then he did the benefit show at MSG (had to go - I worked down there) and then everyone in my parrothead group just happened to be going to Fort Lauderdale when I was in Florida, so I joined them.

Can't wait until this year!!! smile.gif

I'll be real honest, I don't want to see religious or political threads because frankly, I don't care what anybody's opinions are and they are just begging for flame wars to ignite.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can understand that, but luckily in the sump, we're one big happy family. There are a few pairs that really just do not like each other, but all in all, considering the topics we've discussed, things are very level headed and fair in the sump. And I realize that's rare.

But Troy, I'm beginning to see your point about sump dwellers. Thanks for pointing it out to me. ;) You're not so bad. ;)

[ 26 March 2002, 17:28: Message edited by: tangirl ]

tangirl
03-26-2002, 09:37 PM
I have know thanks. So what made all of your people come up to our neck of the woods?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The skiing. ;)

I'll never tell... smile.gif

MitchM
03-26-2002, 09:41 PM
Yah...and don't be pointing the finger at me! tongue.gif

Great group of people.

Mitch smile.gif

DJ88
03-26-2002, 10:12 PM
Darren, Titus, Troy and Dussumieri <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Forget anyone Patrick? :eek: Hopefully Scott doesn't know where you live.. lol

So what made all of your people come up to our neck of the woods?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> I'll never tell... <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Like Mitch said.
and so the infection spreads!<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Plague. that is the only way to describe it.. :D

They pop in. infect another world and giggle as they leave chaos in thier wake. :D

And by the size of this thread they are doing a wonderful job. lol

Tho I do wonder if Tan sees these boards as some form of dating service. I sure there are at least four guys she's dropped the,
I'm an aquarius and like long walks on the beach... ;) <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">line on. :D

But when you take those four and look at the thousands of men who frequent these boards there must be something a bit "better" about them than the rest. Tho god only knows what that could be. I can figure marc's out. She wants the cash with no commitment. Typical woman ;) :D . For me it was a mentally unstable addiction to "The Jerk" and an all honesty, I am too lazy to find out the rest. ;)

[ 26 March 2002, 18:17: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

DJ88
03-26-2002, 11:04 PM
Well after a bit of research it appears Tan has chosen a few more than four. :D

Ready for this? lol

Hello Dave! I'm an aquarius, I like long walks on the beach...<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">after seeing a pic of "him" in a 'G' string. :eek:

Hello, Aragorn! I'm an aquarius, I like long walks on the beach...So, I'm fickle! <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Aragorn talking about buying his boys both a gamecube and Xbox.

Hello, Carp. I'm an aquarius and I like long walks on the beach <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mitch mentionned he was a gentleman.

Hello Rich! I'm an aquarius and I like long walks on the beach... <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">RichnPoor talking about shaving his head and renting a pirate costume. lol

I'm an aquarius and I like long walks on the beach...<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Aragorn again. And moulding him into a perfect image.

Hello ReefMon! I'm an aquarius and like long walks on the beach.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reef Mon talking about his fav town in the keys.

Hi Patrick. I'm an Aquarius and I like long walks on the beach... <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Our own Patrick was being nice to her. smile.gif

Hi Dan, I'm an aquarius and like long walks on the beach... <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Turns out Dan has seen Mr. Buffets house.

Hello Darren. I'm an aquarius and I like long walks on the beach... <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My The Jerk movie addiction. lol

Hey Fudge - about your sig - I'm an aquarius and like long walks on the beach... <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Our superfudge and his money solutions for marriage.

So that is it.. lol Looks like Aragorn has the lead with Two. and the other 8 of us are tied for second..

if you haven't noticed I am bored and don't wanna do physics or calculus tonight. :D

MitchM
03-26-2002, 11:12 PM

LOL, Darren!

We should probably get a plaque made up for TG!

Mitch

DJ88
03-26-2002, 11:15 PM
She's gonna spit pop out her nose when she sees this.. lol. :D

oh to be a fly on the wall.. ;)

SPC
03-26-2002, 11:17 PM
Posted by Tan:
But Troy, I'm beginning to see your point about sump dwellers. Thanks for pointing it out to me. You're not so bad.

Suck Up! :rolleyes:
Steve

tangirl
03-26-2002, 11:35 PM
She's gonna spit pop out her nose when she sees this.. lol. :D

oh to be a fly on the wall.. ;) <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!

Oh my She-Goat!!!! I am dying here - I don't think I've laughed this hard since I came back to find Mitch's Dynamic Duo thread. Wow!!! LOL!!!

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying! Good job Darren, now do some homework!!!! LOL

http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/rotfl2.gif http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/rotfl2.gif http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/rotfl2.gif http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/rotfl2.gif

Great one Darren!
http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/toast.gif

tangirl
03-26-2002, 11:39 PM
Posted by Tan:
But Troy, I'm beginning to see your point about sump dwellers. Thanks for pointing it out to me. You're not so bad.

Suck Up! :rolleyes:
Steve<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">tongue.gif

FYI, Troy pointed something out to me and you goofs let me go around that way for months. hmph!
http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/disappointed.gif

tangirl
03-26-2002, 11:41 PM
But DJ, I'm surprised you didn't come up with more than that...

DJ88
03-26-2002, 11:59 PM
Ok.. I looked in the general reefkeeping forum too. Found two more. Who would have known you post there too Tan. :D :D ;)

I'm an aquarius and like long walks on the beach... <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">After seeing reefmon's powderd blue. ;)

I'm an aquarius and I like long walks on the beach... <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jawing with Jawbone about mounting something so he doesn't get sprayed in the face. ;)

And I am betting there is more.. much much more..

Aragorn
03-27-2002, 12:02 AM

So that is it.. lol Looks like Aragorn has the lead with Two. and the other 8 of us are tied for second..
:D <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You guys talkin' bout me over here? :D :D

WASSUUUUUUP?

DJ88
03-27-2002, 12:05 AM
Hey Aragorn,

I figured Tan would bring you here too. smile.gif
she seems ot have that effect on men.. ;) LOL!!!

Looks like you are in a tie tho. I found out that Reefmon has two walks reserved with Tan. So you will have to share.. ;) Then those of us with one "walk" get well.. seconds.. :D

LOL!

Welcome to the board BTW smile.gif

tangirl
03-27-2002, 12:08 AM
Ok.. I looked in the general reefkeeping forum too. Found two more. Who would have known you post there too Tan. :D ;)

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm an aquarius and like long walks on the beach... <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">After seeing reefmon's powderd blue. ;)

I'm an aquarius and I like long walks on the beach... <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jawing with Jawbone about mounting something so he doesn't get sprayed in the face. ;)

And I am betting there is more.. much much more..

:D </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There's lot's more. Someone (Cheese maybe?) just commented on it. I responded that I was fickle. :D

I didn't call the fish a powdered blue, did I :rolleyes:

Actually, I said it to Terry(?) in that thread as well - I hit both guys that posted pics. smile.gif At least I hope they were guys - lol

Aragorn
03-27-2002, 12:57 AM
DJ,

Yeah but you forgot about my property in Belize on the Carribean and TG's reply... :D

DJ88
03-27-2002, 01:00 AM
Aragorn,

I have been searching. But the reefs.org site isn't helping me at all. grrr lol

But by the sounds of it you are up to three. lol

Aragorn
03-27-2002, 01:06 AM
You guys are really distracting me from my CCNA(Certified Cisco Network Associate) Exam Coursework...STOP IT!!! :D

danmhippo
03-27-2002, 06:43 PM
Troy, you may want to send Chucker a PM and ask of what he thinks about the question I raised. I joke with Chucker and James from time to time, and you shouldn't judge me by reading just one post of mine. It was a joke, it still is a joke, and will always be a joke.

Sump is the place where we get together and vent. Many of us leads a hectic life in the day and sump is one of the few places we can joke, be sarcastic, act idiotic, and occasionally, care for each other (Let's forget about the last one for now). Where else would we turn to in the middle of night? I should also add that 99% of the sump dweller may seem psychotic, but we all participate actively in general reef discussion, other non-sump forums, and many other reef boards.

BTW, thank you, Troy for letting me budd-in like this. AFterall, this is your board.

Also, TG, I got your PM days ago, but I was having a fever back then and couldn't respond till today.

Oh, if you want to know the story behind my handle, ask TG. Otherwise, you will have to sift through 2000+ posts to find the right one.

hehehe.......

(Proud member of {squat}{squat} club)

tangirl
03-27-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by danmhippo:
Troy, you may want to send Chucker a PM and ask of what he thinks about the question I raised. I joke with Chucker and James from time to time, and you shouldn't judge me by reading just one post of mine. It was a joke, it still is a joke, and will always be a joke./[qb]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That was you? I never saw it! - lol

[qb] Also, TG, I got your PM days ago, but I was having a fever back then and couldn't respond till today.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hope you're feeling better...

Oh, if you want to know the story behind my handle, ask TG. Otherwise, you will have to sift through 2000+ posts to find the right one.

hehehe.......<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Only if you want me to tell it, Dan.

(Proud member of {squat}{squat} club)<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Way to show your support. I'm embarassed that I didn't do the same... :(

tangirl
03-27-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Aragorn:
DJ,

Yeah but you forgot about my property in Belize on the Carribean and TG's reply... :D <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Did you have to remind me? :( *sigh* :(

DJ88
03-27-2002, 07:25 PM
Dan,

First off. Welcome. smile.gif

Re:
Troy, you may want to send Chucker a PM and ask of what he thinks about the question I raised. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Troy posted this a short while later.
I was kidding around in my initial post <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not that he needs me to jump in. But I figured it wouldn't hurt.

nuff said? smile.gif

You aren't butting in. It's a free world. If we weren't allowed to vent, preach, jabber, talk, chat whatever we wouldn't be here in the first place. right? smile.gif

And it isn't OUR board. It is anyone's who choses to use it to carry on conversations with fellow hobbiests interested in doing more than sitting in front of a glass, water filled box. :D

Once again. welcome to the board. smile.gif

Now I am curious as to what has brought about this influx of {squatters}?? ;)

Somehow I see TanG involved in this. With Mitch probably putting a bug in her ear. lol.

Tell the Queen and they shall come. ;) :D

Wasn't that what Mitch jsut called ya?

[ 27 March 2002, 15:26: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

StirCrazy
03-27-2002, 08:24 PM
hmmm.. I think I am going to have to re-read this thread.. either I missed somthing along the way or the painkillers are working to good :D , either way I think I am a little confused on whats up..

Steve

pocilipora
03-27-2002, 09:33 PM
Your not alone stircrazy.

tangirl
03-27-2002, 09:47 PM
Now I am curious as to what has brought about this influx of {squatters}?? ;)

Somehow I see TanG involved in this. With Mitch probably putting a bug in her ear. lol.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why's it always my fault?!? :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: tongue.gif ;)

Tell the Queen and they shall come. ;)

Wasn't that what Mitch jsut called ya?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Stalker... ;)

[ 27 March 2002, 17:49: Message edited by: tangirl ]

naesco
03-28-2002, 12:44 AM
It's OK to say "eh" on this board even if you are not one of US.

coralshrimp
03-28-2002, 03:26 PM
woohoo!! the sump made 4 pages at canreef!!

http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/clap.gif http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/toast.gif

i'm soooo proud of you guys. *sniff* and aragorn and dan are here, too!! btw, dj, i LOVED your post!! ;)

[ 28 March 2002, 11:28: Message edited by: coralshrimp ]

Delphinus
03-28-2002, 05:51 PM
Man, I sure wish I had half the free time that you guys must have. Not fair.

SPC
03-28-2002, 08:09 PM
Posted by Delphinus:

Tony, when you do then you will know what the secret to life is ;) .

tangirl
03-29-2002, 07:55 AM
Posted by Delphinus:

Tony, when you do then you will know what the secret to life is ;) .<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thee secret to life? Remeber Curly from City Slickers? He had the secret to life. Loved that movie. "Your life's a do-over" Great line. smile.gif

coralshrimp
03-29-2002, 02:21 PM
hey, tan - how the heck did you get 28 posts already?? http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/suspic.gif

EmilyB
03-29-2002, 05:55 PM
Hi Dan !

Only 18 more of you to log on... :D

tangirl
03-29-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by coralshrimp:
hey, tan - how the heck did you get 28 posts already?? http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/suspic.gif<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Important stuff!!! :D

canadawest
03-29-2002, 07:47 PM
Hey Titus, is there a way to turn on "ignore" in individual threads?

First it was the Calgary Reefing Club Forum, which I now just choose to not read due to the content typically being for the Calgarians and Albertans on the board. (And might I add, welcome to our neighbours)

But now this lounge thread is getting out of hand, much like the reefs.org website has gotten out of hand. I do think we have posts of substance here in the Lounge occasionally, so it would be a shame to ignore the whole forum, but rather convenient to just block out individual "SPAM" threads? tongue.gif

Any thoughts? :confused:

canadawest
03-29-2002, 07:50 PM
PS... I think Troy should have his pants removed, made to wear those thong panties he's so fond of, and be publically paraded around Abbotsford in a public humiliation ceremony for even starting this snowball rolling!!! :D

DJ88
03-29-2002, 07:56 PM
:confused: :confused:

If you see a thread that doesn't interest you just don't click on it Andrew. Easiest ignore switch you can find.

SPC
03-29-2002, 08:13 PM
Click, no click, now why didn't I think of that? :D
Steve

tangirl
03-29-2002, 08:13 PM
It's only one thread. Jeesh. :rolleyes:

Live's too short to be grumpy. Have fun. Go with the flow. What the heck else is there to do up there at this time of year?

DJ88
03-29-2002, 08:19 PM
I am still confused andrew.

you want to be able to ignore the thread yet post this? And participate.

PS... I think Troy should have his pants removed, made to wear those thong panties he's so fond of, and be publically paraded around Abbotsford in a public humiliation ceremony for even starting this snowball rolling!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">BTW it was Marc who wears panties. ;)

tangirl
03-29-2002, 08:24 PM
BTW it was Marc who wears panties. ;) <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not that there is anything wrong with that... :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, do you get the Seinfeld reference? Do you people get shows like that up there or do you still get shows like Grizzly Adams and Little House on the Prairie? ;)

canadawest
03-29-2002, 08:27 PM
My cynicism is obviously not appreciated???

I guess I didn't use enough smiley faces to ensure that my jest was taken with a grain of salt? :rolleyes: :eek: tongue.gif

But the underlying truth is, the damn little yellow lightbulb just wont go out if you don't click on the thread!

So yes, while I am intelligent enough to understand the "click, no click" principle, it still is a pain when you can see there are new posts in a forum, but you gotta click on each thread, whether you read it or not, to get rid of the read/not read cookie!

And my apologies to Troy for insinuating that he wears womens panties. (But I still think the public humiliation is a valid suggestion)

canadawest
03-29-2002, 08:30 PM
And Darren,

There was NO way I was going to let the boards first 100+ post thread go by without me participating!

I mean, when have you ever known me to sit silent during a gathering? :D

ruck'n'reefer
03-29-2002, 08:31 PM
DJ88: It is easy to ignore a whole thread, but how do we know if it is pure shite, to begin with, if we don't click on it first!

I guess we need to accept those who are different! Even if they have nothing worthy of reading.

tangirl
03-29-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Ruck'n'reefer:
I guess we need to accept those who are different! Even if they have nothing worthy of reading.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks! smile.gif

Mak
03-29-2002, 08:42 PM
Okay that did it my brain just popped :eek: , What the... but isn't there chat rooms for these people? And Tangirl no we only get 2 channels waaay up here eh!!! One is a 24/7 Maxwell Smart channel the other is half Hockey and half Dr.Who channel!!! P.S. I'm going ice fishing today, I made a SWEET igloo yesterday :cool: !!!

titus
03-29-2002, 08:51 PM
Hello Andrew,

You have valid points. I've been watching this thread once in a while after it had spilled over to the 3rd or 4th page. You may say, I AM a bit concerned, or unease, with the rate this thread is growing. :confused: I understand the lounge can be for off topic but this thread does seem to be growing at a rate that may get out of control like the other boards. :eek: And that is definitely not something I want this board to be known for.

So how about everyone let's take a break? If you feel itchy to post, try posting your pictures into the monthly photo contest. Now that there are a few Americans here, you guys can submit some too.

tangirl
03-29-2002, 08:53 PM
lol :D

Uh, sorry, that was to Trigger, not Titus.

[ 29 March 2002, 16:54: Message edited by: tangirl ]

Troy F
03-29-2002, 09:33 PM
Titus, sorry about this thread, completely my fault. You can't blame the sump dwellers for defending themselves (of course they were just a wee bit late getting to it which isn't really all that surprising considering http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/shh.gif ).

Andrew, men and thongs are a really bad combination and it should not even be brought up in jest. http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/nono.gif

Peace and love

Cheese Sandwich
03-30-2002, 02:43 AM
And that wraps up this week's Sump thread.

Thank you all, and have a good weekend.

tangirl
03-30-2002, 03:10 AM
Cheese!!!!!!!woohoooo!!!!!!!

DanConnor
03-30-2002, 04:10 AM
Hi everybody!

It was one of the dans; dan hippo or connor or something. There are maybe ten or twenty of them. My doctor says I shouldn't dwell on stuff like that but I want to round them up (all of them, not just the dans) and smack their little smart ass faces right off their goddamn heads. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Its true- Canadians are friendly! Hey- am I not the nicest person in the sump? What did I do to deserve this, anyway???

tangirl
04-01-2002, 07:07 PM
*sigh* I miss the good ole days. :(

coralshrimp
04-01-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by tangirl:
*sigh* I miss the good ole days. :( <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">don't be sad, tan - i'm sure there are more to come! ;)