PDA

View Full Version : Coarse red hair algea?

Static
12-23-2005, 04:49 AM
Is anyone elses tank being over run with this stuff?

I have a 15g tank been running 7 months now, everything seems to be doing really well. At first I thought that this macro algea looked nice, but it has since become a nuicance. I tried picking it off the rocks by hand, but it's stuck on really good, and it's spreading fast.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove it? Will an emerald crab eat it?

Thanks, Myles

Bob I
12-23-2005, 04:43 PM
I have had that crap for a long time. At first I like you thought it looked nice, but now it is a problem. It used to get into the middle of zoo frags, and stop their growth, so I have stopped fragging zoos. It does not look as if Emerald Crabs eat it. At least mine doesn't.:twised:

nano-man
12-24-2005, 06:56 AM
Hey,I gave one a try,worked like a charm. Then ..It happens . Shedd his shell a couple of times doubled or better in 2 months and started clown fishing.Mind you I've only got a 2gal , Did a WICKED!!!!!!! job on all algie and beacuse he ate almost every/anything it dropped my(brown dusting Ditom?)to nothing . EG) no more left over food, lower nitrates. Moved him to larger tank and everything is starting to come back getting another (small one ) Good luck they can be mean and hard to catch.