PDA

View Full Version : HOT Pink Sun Polyp coral

Chin_Lee
12-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Does anybody know if these are real? I saw one at a lps and it looked stunning but i didn't know they existed. Apparently there is a huge tread on RC debating whethere these sun polyps are dyed or not but I can't access their search function to read through it.

let me know if you have any information about these "hot pink sun polyp corals"
Thanks
CWLee

Chad
12-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Does anybody know if these are real? I saw one at a lps and it looked stunning but i didn't know they existed. Apparently there is a huge tread on RC debating whethere these sun polyps are dyed or not but I can't access their search function to read through it.

let me know if you have any information about these "hot pink sun polyp corals"
Thanks
CWLee

I have seen one that has been in a tank for over a year and it is still hot pink. So I think its real.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Saw one at BA's Burnaby & the manager says that it was almost certainly dyed.

There are some naturally coloured sun corals, but I think you just have to be careful when you choose one since dyed ones are also available.

Xtasia
12-23-2005, 02:16 AM
I've owned one.. and I've followed threads about them... They are dyed as far as I know... the color on mine lasted over 14 months...

geopod
12-23-2005, 03:10 AM
they ussually come orange or black right? Are these the natural colors?

george

Chin_Lee
12-23-2005, 04:28 AM
I've owned one.. and I've followed threads about them... They are dyed as far as I know... the color on mine lasted over 14 months...

Ivy
how about the new growth? were they not a different color with new growth or did the dye get transferred?

and for it to last 14 months is .... wow.

what color has it changed to?

Xtasia
12-23-2005, 06:17 AM
Color transferred over to new growth... Faded from Bright neon pink to light peachy orange during that duration. I knew it was dyed but I bought it anyways. There was no effort made to conceal that it was dyed to me.