PDA

View Full Version : Euro Reef

Jaws
12-22-2005, 05:23 AM
So I've had my Euro Reef set up for a couple of weeks now and am waiting for it to settle in. It hasn't really started pulling any stuff out of the water yet which is kind of weird. I'm just wondering if anyone else has any experience with these skimmers and might be able to offer some suggestions to get it working at it's best. It's a CS8-3+. It has two sedra pumps, that each have their own airline with a shutoff valve. Should the shutoff valve be open all the way? The only other valve is the main gate valve which is turned almost half way off right now in order to get the bubbles to even reach the top of the bubble chamber. That doesn't sound right to me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

vanreefer
12-22-2005, 05:46 AM
I would say open up the shutoff valves in the airline this should improve the amount of bubbles... then dail it in using the gate valve on the effluent

just using ASM principals here
HTH
Dan

Aquattro
12-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Jason, it should start pulling stuf after a day or so, so it looks like something isn't right. Unless there isn't anything in the tank yet....

Jaws
12-22-2005, 03:55 PM
There's lots in the tank. I can't get a thick steady overflow of bubbles. When it does work, it's mostly water collecting in the cup rather than skimmate. It's almost like a hot tub. There seems to be so much flow going through the bubble chamber that the bubbles won't collect at the top. The ones that do just burst and all appear to look very wet. If I close the gate valve enough to push these bubbles into the collection cup, I just end up with mostly water. I'm starting to get frustrated now because i'm starting to get a cyano buildup in the tank.

vanreefer
12-22-2005, 11:00 PM
maybe the RC euroreef forum could help?
heres a link

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=322