PDA

View Full Version : seaclone help

JasonJ
12-20-2005, 12:37 AM
got a seaclone with a maxijet1200.
i've been tryin to fine tune this thing.
but there is alot of micro bubbles. i cant really enjoy my corals and fish
coz of the bubbles.
this thing is in a 20gal.
the only way for the bubbles to not be in the tank. is when i tighten the air valve almost shut. if i do that theres hardly any bubbles in the skimmer itself. is that ok? will it still do its job?

Edmonton Eskimo
12-20-2005, 12:49 AM
sometimes it can take a while for the bubbles to stop. Try turning the venturi off and let the skimmer run for about twenty minutes or so and then slowly turn the air on and see if that works

JasonJ
12-20-2005, 01:59 AM
no clue on how to fix my problem.
any one else?

Raf
12-20-2005, 03:53 AM
this was exactly why i replaced my seaclone with a prizim.....

danny zubot
12-20-2005, 07:12 PM
Try placing a piece of foam on the return water slide thing to cut down on the bubbles.

Ulitmately, fine tuning is the answer. Or upgrading.:lol:

scotchy
12-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Look for the bioball mod. I beleive it's somewhere on this site, if not it's on reef central. Scrap the air valve that came with it and replace it with a good needle valve from any local pet store. The seaclones biggest problem is that it flows too much water for the little space it has and it ends up forcing bubbles through the second chamber. The bioball mod not only slows the flow but also helps produce finer bubbles and get you better performance. My opinion based on my experience only though.

Scott

deep6er
12-21-2005, 04:46 AM
I had the same problem with mine but further resurch found that any water conditioners dont work well with skimmers and will cause micro bubbles so i dont use any water conditioner any more. i would say turn it off for a day or so and slowly turn it on or place a foam under the output. I tryed this method too but it worked only about 75%

good luck

JasonJ
12-21-2005, 05:22 AM
i have decided to sell the seaclone.
i find that the maxijet1200 is too powerful.
my clown gobies are struggling to swim.
do u guys have any advice on what skimmer to get for a 20gal?
prism? remora?

Ruth
12-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Between those 2 skimmers I would definately go with the Remora.

danny zubot
12-21-2005, 02:51 PM
when I had my Seaclone I simply swapped the maxi jet 1200 for a maxi jet 900 and it worked like a charm. I also used a good needle air valve for better control.

inspector
12-21-2005, 03:46 PM
Hi what i did with mine is drilled the top and put an air stone inside i could then turn the flow down. it worked great.Paul