PDA

View Full Version : posting pictures

Skimmerking
12-18-2005, 04:03 AM
Has any one found that posting pictures has been retarded. Yes it''s a nice board. But trying to post pictures about my tank has been a pain in the butt. Its telling me that my pictures are exceeding the limit. With that my pictures are only 17.kb and in fact are still too large.

Can some one may be poin me in the right direction too with this problem or is it just me. I have spent 2 hrs rediong the pictures over and over. i'm ready to pack it in on posting pictures.....

And another thing where are the smiles are gone.

titus
12-18-2005, 04:13 AM
Hello,

Photos has been size limited to 20kB. The problem was due to pixel size restriction. The new limit is now 640x480.

Titus

Chad
12-18-2005, 04:20 AM
Smilies are still there :) just use the " : ) " ones :D and it automaticly adds em. Plus there are more in the advanced editor, so instead of quick reply use the post reply or whatever it is.

Doug
12-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Patience people. Always things to work out with all the new hardware. Titus, like most other working people, only has so much time to work on the board.

We are on top of most of the problems and bring them up to him in the moderator forum. As soon as he has time, he corrects them or looks into correcting them.

We will get everything firing on all cylinders here, asap.

Thanks for the patience.

:mrgreen:

Ruth
12-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Well I have problems with pictures but that is because I am a total idoit when it comes to computors and particularly trying to use photo programs. I think that Titus should be nominated for Dude of the Year or something for the fantastic work that he has done to keep this site up and running and useable for all the rest of us worms.

Reefhawk1
12-18-2005, 03:52 PM
I am having problems as well. I edit the photos and they go blurry :( Try to post them and I exceed the limit. I guess I will have to tinker with this a little more.

Samw
12-18-2005, 06:26 PM
And another thing where are the smiles are gone.

There are a lot of options in the Control Panel that I had to turn on or change. One of them is to change my editor from Basic to Standard. The smilies are in the Standard editor. Some of the other things that I had to change were my Time Zone, Email notifications for PM's, and allowing others to send me Emails. :idea: :smile:

Bob I
12-18-2005, 11:56 PM
I still find it difficult to post pictures. On the other board I just cut and pasted the Photobucket URL. I can't get that to work. I have to now type the entire url in after the [img]tag:sad: I am not complaining, I am just not as quick at my advanced age.

titus
12-19-2005, 02:41 AM
Hello,

Ruth, goto Additional Options->Manage Attachments below the text box where you enter your message. This only works if you hit the Reply button. The feature is not available if you hit Quick Reply.

Reefhawk1, not sure why it went blurry on you. MS Paint should do fine if you save it as a jpg file, within 640x480.

Samw, yes there are a lot of options and all of the Staff members are learning also.

BobI, not sure why your image tag won't work for you. For inserting an image with an URL, just click on the Insert Image button above the area where you enter the message.

Titus

Bob I
12-19-2005, 03:09 AM
Hello,

BobI, not sure why your image tag won't work for you. For inserting an image with an URL, just click on the Insert Image button above the area where you enter the message.

Titus

That is what I tried, but when I pasted the url into the box I had no luck.:sad:

titus
12-19-2005, 07:24 AM
Hello,

Let me try....
http://www.canreef.com/images/logo_small.gif

Works for me.... Are you sure you are doing it right?

Titus

RonPeter
12-19-2005, 01:55 PM
I tried posting a 640X480 pic and I got the message exceeded size limit by 19.5kb.

Bob I
12-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Hello,

Let me try....
http://www.canreef.com/images/logo_small.gif

Works for me.... Are you sure you are doing it right?

Titus

I right clicked on a Photobucket url, and copied it. I then pasted it into the box. One of those little missing picture squares showed up in the post. I tried it several times with the same results. After that I typed the url into the box, and that worked.:redface:

marie
12-19-2005, 11:46 PM
Bob, I just copy and paste the line that says img, I don't need to worry about canreefs img tags that way.

Bob I
12-20-2005, 12:25 AM
I tried that too, and when I right clicked the menu item "paste" was not there. I just don't know what is going wrong.:sad:

marie
12-20-2005, 02:03 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/mariesnell/2005_0621tang0051.jpg

still works for me :confused:

Bob I
12-20-2005, 03:00 AM
I am still having no luck. I just did a post in the DIY section, and had to type the complete url from photobucket into the body of the post..:twised: