PDA

View Full Version : new fish not eating

JasonJ
12-17-2005, 10:13 PM
got a tomato clown yesterday.
fed it today. pellets, he swallowed it then spat it back out.
then about 2 hours later i tried it again. same thing happened.
the guy at king ed said that he was feeding him shrimps or something.
will he get use to pellets?. i dont really want to feed him frozen foods all the time. my plan is to feed pellets then once or twice a week some frozen goodies.

Ruth
12-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Try soaking the pellets in garlic and selcon first, that might get him eat them. If not maybe try and mix in some frozen mysis shrimp and some tank water and make a goop and try that. I have a Naso tang that I am struggling with right now as well and finally got him to start taking some Nori soaked in garlic and selcon.

Bob I
12-18-2005, 12:03 AM
You could try giving the fish a bit of time. You should not have to feed a fish for the first couple of days aftter bringing it home. After that it will usually eat. I have never heard of a Tomato Clown, or any clown for that matter not eating.

fakename
12-18-2005, 12:41 AM
I second giving it some time, and besides.....eating and spitting is pretty normal behaviour for clowns......don't worry too much, there are never many posts about clowns who starve to death!

JasonJ
12-18-2005, 07:47 AM
haha u guys are right!
i just got home from work. and ya i fed him a bit.
and he ate it!
thanks for the replies!

one more thing...if i add another tomato clown...a smaller one...would the one i have now pick on it?

Bob I
12-18-2005, 04:00 PM
That is a good possibility. Tomatoes are quite unpleasant, and a war will probably happen.