PDA

View Full Version : jersey framing

scuglass
12-17-2005, 04:38 AM
just wondering if ne 1 in calgary knows where i can get jerseys framed. i went to michels and they wanted 1300.00 and that was with a 50% coupon. on ebay and other websites i can get framed signed jerseys for 400.00 any tips or places to look would be appreciated.

thanks scott

adidas
12-17-2005, 05:38 AM
just wondering if ne 1 in calgary knows where i can get jerseys framed. i went to michels and they wanted 1300.00 and that was with a 50% coupon. on ebay and other websites i can get framed signed jerseys for 400.00 any tips or places to look would be appreciated.

thanks scott

hey Scott, You can get a Jersey Frame with a hinged glass door at Costco for $250. You can switch the jersey, turn it around or whatever. They look nice.

DanG
12-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Ugg, Michaels is so bad for that. My girlfriend just went through it with them, she has a bunch of pictures and paintings she picked up in europe that she wants to frame for presents this year. Michaels wanted something crazy like $90 for a mat, we ended up finding a small framing shop that made the mats for $13 each.
Just look through the phone book and find someone close to you and get a price.

geopod
12-19-2005, 05:09 AM
too bad you didnt live in edmonton. I have a mat cutter in my basement and I used to frame jerseys for about 100$. I did a chiefs jersey and I acid etched the chiefs symbol on the glass too.I framed everything from pictures to footballs,medals, wedding dresses,records you name it I did it.

george

digital-audiophile
12-19-2005, 01:42 PM
The Shadowbox Gallery
650-22 Midlake Boulevard SE, Calgary, AB T2X 2X7
(403) 256-2127

These guys do awesome work! They can be on the pricey side, but I don't see how they could charge more than what Michaels is asking for. That is just crazy!

DiscusZ
12-30-2005, 03:57 PM
STAY away from Michaels.. my Wife won an Iginla autographed jersey (when the flames 1st started that Lottery ticket scatch and win thing). She had the jersey done at Michaels for about $700 or something I can not remember (with the 50% off) it was the worst framing job ever! The jersey is crooked on there does not look like its mounted all that well.

The job they did on my wifes jersey framing job looked like the person did not have any care in doing their job. they Slapped the jersey in the frame. Its crooked, uneven (by this I mean looking at both sides one side shows more of the sleeve emblem than theother etc..) It looked like some monkey did the job. And when we complained when we picked it up they would not do anything to fix it as the person already spent too much time on it as it was.. COME ON we spent over $700 or someonething... AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAQUE!!! they do not care how it looks just that it gets done and out the door the faster the better it seems!

I have a Team Canada Iginla Autographed jersey that I bought and then had Iggy sign it in person that I am wanting to get framed have not found a place yet.. I have heard hhowever that where is art does an awesome job but do not know any prices.

Jim

andestang
12-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Try "Where Its Art". A friend just had one done there for just over $350. Had it done at the Chinook Mall location. Looked very nice.