PDA

View Full Version : grrr chemi-clean

asherah
12-15-2005, 10:20 PM
I am so sick of the cyano ! I've cut back on how much I feed, I've added a maxijet 1200. The cyano is awful and i'm so sick of looking at it.
Tell me about chemi-clean. Will it hurt anything in my tank ? I'm this * * close to buying it. I'm so fed up.
Please help me I can't take looking at all the red anymore =(

asherah

adidas
12-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Got a good skimmer on? i'm running a big beckett skimmer on a 20g tank, looks like it is helping to fight my cyano, i also took the Fluval out.

asherah
12-15-2005, 11:55 PM
I just got my phosban reactor. yay. Next step is a skimmer =)
asherah

adidas
12-16-2005, 12:09 AM
i've heard chemiclean can bleach SPS corals, so i'm scared to use it. I know you have to do a certain amount of water changes after using it though.

Bob I
12-16-2005, 12:56 AM
I am so sick of the cyano ! I've cut back on how much I feed, I've added a maxijet 1200. The cyano is awful and i'm so sick of looking at it.
Tell me about chemi-clean. Will it hurt anything in my tank ? I'm this * * close to buying it. I'm so fed up.
Please help me I can't take looking at all the red anymore =(

asherah

PM sent regarding Cyano as I am tired of publicly arguing with fools.

gordypoo
12-16-2005, 02:36 AM
I know how you feel at times Bob!!!! It's hard to sit here sometime and bite your tongue though..................lol

untamed
12-16-2005, 11:57 PM
I used the Chemi-clean (I was pretty desperate). It didn't do any harm to my SPS...but it didn't solve my cyano problem either.

For me, it was improving my skimmer. While my existing skimmer seemed to be working, it clearly wasn't getting it done. Now, I'm massively overskimming according to "recommended tank sizes". The improvement was almost overnight.

hockey nut
12-17-2005, 12:55 AM
Chemi clean worked like a charm for me. It took 2 tries but I beat the cyno problem. What I did was a 10-15% water change before you use the chemi clean and then dose... then do as the directions indicate. There must be something causing the cyno problem so this will only be a temporary fix until you find and cure for the problem. It had no effects on my fish or corals.

HTH Good luck.

adidas
12-17-2005, 01:23 AM
PM sent regarding Cyano as I am tired of publicly arguing with fools.

i'm sure he will want to correspond with you, now that you've called him a fool.

Raf
12-17-2005, 04:16 AM
IMO, chemi clean cures the symptoms not the overall problem. But it works, for the shortterm anyway. :)

Willow
12-17-2005, 04:28 AM
when my sump went offline for a few weeks i developed a wicked case of cyano, one treatment of chemi clean fixed it right up..

wish joes juice worked as well.

Snappy
12-17-2005, 07:44 AM
Chemi-clean works quite well but can bleach some corals if you don't do a large water change in the allotted time given in the directions and even then can take out a few species. Use with caution and be sure to scoop out what you can as it dies off and and can float around. I also scooped the worst infected sandbed areas out and washed seperately.

adidas
12-17-2005, 05:14 PM
OT does someone have some chemi-clean?, i really don't want to go all the way to wai's.