PDA

View Full Version : Need algae Id

Murminator
12-15-2005, 03:54 AM
Ok I have 2 two types of vine type algae one I believe is grape caulerpa http://www.invasive.org/images/768x512/1357016.jpg It looks like this but had a couple valonia bubbles in it. It is the same shade of green so I thought it was valonia :o . The other algae is similar except it is a lot lighter green and the "grapes" are bigger, futher apart and are flat on the top so they are half round :confused: I thought this was grape caulerpa but apparently not according to the pic.
Anyone have any idears what the other may be I really cannot get a detailed pic of it. They hitched hiked in on some frags from Richer. Just wanna know what it is so I can control it :cool:

mr_alberta
12-15-2005, 05:06 AM
Hey Murray,

If it was from Rich, it was most likely grape caulerpa! You should have seen the rocks I got from him :eek:

Matt
12-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Rich definitely had some grape caulerpa issues. I thought I got it all off the little piece of tonga on a monti cap I got from him, but I'm still finding it popping up from time to time.

Matthew

Murminator
12-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the input guys I did find (on E-bay of all places) the second strain that I have growing it is disc grape caulerpa. Will a yellow tang eat this? when I move to a bigger aquarium I wanna get one :D