PDA

View Full Version : Why was the Lighting thread closed?

Samw
02-27-2002, 08:06 PM
It was moved to the Reef forum.

titus
02-27-2002, 09:01 PM
Hello,

The thread suggested that the earlier trend of manufacturers to market higher Kelvin bulbs is not necessary. The point of the thread is to stick with a 6500k, not a 4000k as it will be too low.

StirCrazy
02-27-2002, 09:17 PM
what are the coral farms doing.. I was reading that they use lower K lights for big time growth, then they put them under blue lights to colour them up for sale. the problem is I never caught what K the initial lights were but it sounded like they were HPS which is normaly around 3000K. but this could have just been what one person is doing and wrote it to sound like it was the norm also.. I am finding out that a lot of that goes on...

Steve

BCReefer
02-28-2002, 04:56 AM
Just wondering why the "Lighting" thread was closed? I have a question realted directly to the article mentioned.

Since it was closed I will ask my question here.

"I am probably reading too much into this but does not the article sound like we can use 4,000K bulbs?" I am not the brightest bulb images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif in the pack when it comes to lighting so I hope Sushiman reads my post about discussing this at our next meeting.