PDA

View Full Version : Is my tank over stocked?

Coldwater
12-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Fish:
Snowflake Moray
Yellow Tang
Dwarf Fuzzy Lion
Two Dwarf puffers
Niger Triggerfish (trying to sell)
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=166709#post166709

Inverts:
Purple Reef Lobster (has escaped moray so far)
Tiger Cowrie

73 gallon with 33 gallon sump. There is a about 35 lbs of live rock. No corals. Is my tank overloaded or can I sqeeze more in? (where did all the smilies go?)

Matt

Tarolisol
12-11-2005, 09:02 PM
I would say your stocked to the ok level maybe a bit overstocked, since those fish are pretty messy fish.

fatpuffer
12-11-2005, 09:57 PM
what are dwarf puffers? toby puffs?

StirCrazy
12-11-2005, 10:32 PM
I think the Moray filled up the tank its self. so yes way over stocked.

monza
12-12-2005, 02:09 AM
You want to squeeze more? I have to agree with Steve you are over stocked.
(I think thats twice now Steve lol)

Dave

Ruth
12-12-2005, 02:19 AM
With what you already have in there I would say you are already quite overstocked and wouldn't think of adding anything else. If it was me I would be looking to add some more live rock for denitrifying some of the waste that's just got to be generated with that load and probably finding a new home for a couple of residents.

Coldwater
12-12-2005, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the replys. I forgot to add that I have a protein skimmer. Its a Red Sea Berlin Hang-on Protein Skimmer.

"You want to squeeze more? I have to agree with Steve you are over stocked."

In life I am a very very sarcastic person. Computers dont really relay that well. I sometimes reread my post and just think how retarded they sound. Thats why I am wondering where the smilies went?

Fatpuff dwarf puffers are brackish water puffers that need salt when they mature. Really cool little guys.

Matt

EDITED: Ruth I just saw your post and I am buying more live rock as soon as possible. With no saltwater stores that have much near me I have to wait for vancouver.

i have crabs
12-12-2005, 02:25 AM
with the clown gone i think you would be at max,sell him and buy some rock

Coldwater
12-12-2005, 02:32 AM
Clown what clown???

Matt

KrazyKuch
12-12-2005, 02:46 AM
I was thinking the same thing what clown.....I think he means your Niger Trigger....

Personally I think if you put in more rock and a better skimmer you should be able to put another fish or two in there...I think your big problem is because of the eel, he needs lots of space!!!

I personally have 14 fish in my 77Gal tank!!!
2 Tomato clown fish
Occ Clown
Lemon Peel Angle
Signapore Angle
Regal Tang
Psychadelic(sp?) Mandrin
6 line Wrasse
Lunar Wrasse (sale pending)
2 blue Chromis
2 Yellow chromis
sleeper Goby(although i haven't seen him in ahwile)