PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy aquariums

Bill
12-11-2005, 05:20 PM
I'm upgrading my 55g and would like a tank (and metal stand) that's about 48x24x24 (120g). Where's the best place in Edmonton or Calgary?
Anyone have one for sale?
I'll need holes drilled also, any suggestions or recommendations on where to go for holes drilled?

saltynuts
12-11-2005, 05:28 PM
for hole drilled in tank try pming newguy(harv) he,s the man.
as for a tank try bow valley

Ruth
12-11-2005, 05:32 PM
It depends what you are looking for. I bought my glass 230 complete system from Aquarium Illusions in Edmonton (I hate that store but that is another story). I bought my 190 acrylic from Midwest Custom Aquariums in the US - shipping wasn't bad and I drilled it myself (also another story but with a happy ending). I think Chin Lee is trying to put together a group order from a place in Calgary that builds them to spec so maybe check out his thread. There is also someone in Edmonton that is selling a complete 230g system but that is bigger than you are looking for however may be considerably cheaper in the long run than starting from scratch.

mark
12-11-2005, 08:03 PM
If going with BV, be prepared for a wait. They got my money in full Aug25, I got my tank last week.

adidas
12-11-2005, 08:08 PM
If going with BV, be prepared for a wait. They got my money in full Aug25, I got my tank last week.

I'll never buy a tank from BV because of that.