PDA

View Full Version : A little strange?

Diana
12-11-2005, 05:02 AM
So I got a small bubbletip anenome a couple months back. It was doing fine for the first couple weeks, and then it retreated under a rock and didnt come out. It was just staying there, under a rock, in one spot. I knew it was unhappy, but failed in trying to remove it from the rock. Since I had corals growing on the other side I didnt want to flip it over....

Anyways it stayed that way for a long time. A good month and a half, probebly even longer. I tried to feed it as much as I could but it just stopped taking food. It started to bleach and loose its tenticles. I thought it was a goner, and kind of came to terms with it.

Well today, I came home and it was out! It had moved itself out from under the rock and towards the light. Its white - with just a tinge of color - and much smaller. But its out! I couldnt believe it.

Did it just smarten up all of a sudden? Whats the deal?

I will try to get a pic.
:)
-Diana

adidas
12-11-2005, 07:31 PM
hmm I have the same problem with a bta it's under a rock and bleached, but he has been there a while... to hard to get at him. Wish he would just move and get better like yours!

DanG
12-11-2005, 08:47 PM
they bleach when they are stressed. What are your water parameters at?
Ca, alk, nitrate/nitrite/ammonia? Where do you get water from, tap water, ro/di? What kind of lights? What size tank?

Diana
12-12-2005, 02:14 AM
Its a 20 gallon tank, 130 watts PC lighting. Its no metal halide but I thought I would give it a try with an anenome.

I havent tested water parameters in a couple weeks, but everything appeared absolutely fine beforehand... and I suppose its even better now if the anenome is coming out? I will run a full scale test tommorow and see what the current params are.

I dont use RO/DI water, but my water is straight from the Seymour watershed, its damn good. Pretty much the best water in vancouver :D.

I know anenomes are pretty picky, which is why I wasnt super suprised that it wasnt doing well, because I dont go out of my way for it other than to feed it. But its come out now? Maybe its his last attempt at saving himself? Stupid thing.

;)
-Diana