PDA

View Full Version : Log In Trick?

Johnny Reefer
12-11-2005, 04:31 AM
I have "Remember Me" selected but always have to enter my password when I want to log in.

Is there a trick to "Remember Me" (auto log in)?

Thanx much,

titus
12-11-2005, 05:54 AM
Hello,

Um... not sure. For me, I don't have this problem. Does anyone have this problem too?

Titus

muck
12-11-2005, 07:06 AM
Nope. Works fine for me. :cool:

christyf5
12-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Try going into your internet explorer tools - internet options - privacy then click "sites" in the privacy tab. Type in www.canreef.com (http://www.canreef.com) into the box and then click allow. That worked for me with another site that wasn't saving my password cookie

Johnny Reefer
12-11-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm using Mozilla Firefox.

I don't get it.

As far as I can tell...the options are set as they should be.

In the browser's Tools/Options page I have save passwords and cookies selected, but it is clearly not working as it should.

Everytime I log out of CanReef a message comes up stating that all cookies are cleared.

Is there something in the CanReef User Profile Edit Options that I am missing?

Thanx much,

Invigor
12-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Everytime I log out of CanReef a message comes up stating that all cookies are cleared.

there's your answer. :D

Johnny Reefer
12-11-2005, 03:01 PM
there's your answer. :D

What answer?:confused:

That's a symptom.

As I said, I have save cookies selected in the the Tools/Options page.

Cheers,

Johnny Reefer
12-11-2005, 03:09 PM
I give up.

I'll just enter my password each time.

No big deal. It's just....you get use to doing it a certain way and then it changes to a slightly less convenient way. (I never had this problem with the previous CanReef board).

Thanx much and cheers,

prospero31
12-11-2005, 03:12 PM
It's just the way your browser (Explorer/Firefox etc..) is configured - if you tried on a different machine, you would probably get a different result. You need to change the parameters of the browser (not ever having used Firefox, I am not sure what the right way to do this is)

Invigor
12-11-2005, 03:41 PM
It's because you're logging out. If you don't hit log out when you're done, and just close your browser, it will remember you. However if you do log out, it's remembering that you've logged out, so naturally will ask you to log in again.

hope that helps. :cool:

Johnny Reefer
12-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Thanx for your interest in this.

On the old board I was logging out all the time. When I came back my Username and Password were remembered. I'd just click Log In and Bob's your Uncle.

Also, the way my browser's Tools/Options page is worded implies that one can log out and then return with out having to re-enter the password.

I tried just closing the browser and brought up the website again, as suggested, and I was still logged in. I don't want to be logged in all the time. I'm just lookin' for the *&*%#&&^%%$#@ thing to remember my password.

No big deal, though. I'll just enter it each time.

(Maybe I'll try resetting the homepage setting).

Thanx again and cheers,

Invigor
12-11-2005, 07:32 PM
now that I try, you are right. none of my vbulletin pages remember my password. they remember my username, but not my password. and unlike other sites, mozilla doesn't ask me "do you want firefox to remember this password for nexttime".

guess we're pickled!

Delphinus
01-02-2006, 05:23 AM
In Firefox, go to "Tools" and then select "Options."

In the popup, highlight the "Privacy" tab.

Click on the "+" by cookies to drill down into that category.

Check the setting for "Keep Cookies." Sounds to me like you have it set to "Ask me everytime" or maybe "Until I close Firefox." I have mine set to "Until the expire."

Also, you probably also have "Allow sites to set cookies" option disabled. Either enable this (note - this will allow ALL websites to set cookies), or, click on "exceptions" and add "www.canreef.com".

Give that a shot and let me know if it works. If not, it might be that you have some kind of firewall preventing the cookies being set. But let's try this first, then work outwards from there if need be.

Delphinus
01-02-2006, 05:24 AM
now that I try, you are right. none of my vbulletin pages remember my password. they remember my username, but not my password. and unlike other sites, mozilla doesn't ask me "do you want firefox to remember this password for nexttime".

guess we're pickled!
Ok now THAT seems a little odd. I use Firefox too, I have no problem with it remembering my password. Maybe try clearing passwords and see if it will prompt you next time.

Johnny Reefer
01-02-2006, 12:40 PM
In Firefox, go to "Tools" and then select "Options."

In the popup, highlight the "Privacy" tab.

Click on the "+" by cookies to drill down into that category.

Check the setting for "Keep Cookies." Sounds to me like you have it set to "Ask me everytime" or maybe "Until I close Firefox." I have mine set to "Until the expire."

Also, you probably also have "Allow sites to set cookies" option disabled. Either enable this (note - this will allow ALL websites to set cookies), or, click on "exceptions" and add "www.canreef.com".

Give that a shot and let me know if it works. If not, it might be that you have some kind of firewall preventing the cookies being set. But let's try this first, then work outwards from there if need be.

Okay, tried all that and still a no go.
I'm not sure what else to do, other than research Norton's Password Manger and see if maybe that would work.

Cheers,

Delphinus
01-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Are you using a firewall or other kind of internet security application? If so, which one?

Johnny Reefer
01-03-2006, 01:59 AM
Yes. I have an SMC router hard firewall, but no software firewall.

Cheers and thanx,