PDA

View Full Version : frustrated with leaking

asherah
12-10-2005, 03:06 AM
I have had this 92 gallon glass oceanic reef ready corner tank for months now and I can't even use it ! I'm at my wits end wit this thing !
I've been trying to seal it over and over but it still leaks from the underneath the overflow pipes. =(
I've tried sealing it on the inside of the overflow, I've tried sealing it from underneath where the water drips out...but it still leaks !
I've used 2 tubes of silicone on this thing.
I'm so frustrated!

If you've got any advice please dish it up because I'm at a loss here. =(

Thank you
asherah

Invigor
12-10-2005, 03:32 AM
erm.. not sure how your plumbing is, but if the nut on the bulkhead is on the outside of the tank where you can get to it easier, I find using a flathead screwdriver and a hammer to tighten it until the bulkhead is very tight against the glass, creating a much tighter seal. I tried this after noticing some salt creep on my bulkhead, hasn't come back since.

..not too sure if that helps. :rainbowa:

muck
12-10-2005, 04:04 AM
Just want to add be very careful not to slip off the nut or you might have bigger problems trying to seal your tank..

Edmonton Eskimo
12-10-2005, 05:31 AM
have you tried replacing all the plumbing? There might be a small crack somewhere that you can't see. I would clean off all silicone and inspect everything with a magnifying glass and you might see something.

asherah
12-10-2005, 06:48 AM
woohoo it's fixed !!!
We ripped out all the silicone, took all the peices out checked them all over.
My husband checked it all out and turns out I had the rubber gaskets in upside down.
DUHHHHHH!!!! Sheesh !
All that effort siliconing for nothing =p
Ah well at least it's fixed =)
Thanks everyone
asherah