PDA

View Full Version : PST IS INCREASED!

titus
02-19-2002, 10:23 PM
Hello,

Oh my my, as in our taxes aren't already high enough. The PST is now 7.5%.
Details at:
PST Change (http://cbc.ca/cgi-bin/templates/view.cgi?category=Canada&story=/news/2002/02/19/bcbudget020219)

StirCrazy
02-19-2002, 10:30 PM
big deal 0.50 on the 100, I could have thought of a lot worse.. hehe

Steve

One_Divided
02-19-2002, 11:02 PM
yeah, you had me worried untill I saw it was only 7.5%.. That still is crap though!

reefburnaby
02-19-2002, 11:18 PM
Hi,

Yah...7.5% It sucks, but it is quite interesting to see the government's justification for it.

Some might have trouble swallowing the $8 a carton habit though...

- Victor.

SuperFudge
02-20-2002, 09:46 PM
Boy,the deficiet must really be up there.

They must do all their taxgrabbing at once,us lowly smokers now have to pay an additional $8 bucks for a carton.....not much,but you still have to consider it is only costs about 10% of that to make that carton,arent gas and liquer right up there too?

I dunno,i am glad to pay taxes for police,fire and the many other NEEDS,but Come On!

Kinda makes me wanna take my reef tank (oh ya,the family too)and head up in the mountains and hide ! images/smiles/icon_wink.gif .

[ 21 February 2002: Message edited by: Superfudge ]</p>

Canadian Man
02-21-2002, 02:45 AM
and just think our taxes origionally started many years ago to support the war(income tax that is). but you gotta laugy with our troops fighting to get rid of the green and paint themselves beige. and our sad army if you could call it that. dont get me wrong i dont suppost fighting but it is quite an amusing situation. oh and the have to get fresh water from the americians cause their filters will arrive in 2 more months images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
Jonathan

titus
02-21-2002, 05:32 AM
Hello Johnathan,

I don't know how much you know about the Canadian miltiary, especially the land force. But consider this, we have the most advanced tactical field command and control equipment, and the best clothing and individual soldier kit. We also have the best APC out there. Both the Americans and the British have loaned our gear for trials and both are actively learning from what we have. Last time I was at Fort Lewis we visited one of their buildings and a Canadian CWO was instructing them how to use our Coyotes. In the same building I saw posters were up showing our Iris radio system. A team from Ottawa were also there showcasing all the new kit in the Clothe the Solder project.

Oh and by the way, when you work with both the Brits and the Americans, you'll see the training standards that we have are in many cases far superior to theirs.

In a combined operation, certain tasks are divided for different battle groups or countries to handle during different times of the operation. It's not a big deal to have other countries to supply water while you are working on other stuff.

Canadian Man
02-22-2002, 04:28 AM
Sorry titus. just beaking off my mouth. i dont know much about can military so my opinion is not really valid but just had to throw my 2 cents in.
you have opened my eyes i had no idea about the points you made. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif