PDA

View Full Version : Group order from ........... Interamerican

Chin_Lee
12-08-2005, 09:24 PM
Myself and couple of others are looking to order some fairly good sized tanks from IA and we have three on the list so far. If anybody else is interested, please let me know. Their web site is:
http://go.to/interamerican and keep in mind that their prices are in USD and does not include taxes. All the extras (eurobrace, polished edges, overflows, starphire) will cost more.

Since they are notorious for being late with their orders, I am hopelessly hopeful a group order may expedite the process. HOWEVER lets not get our hopes up and continue to expect a 2-4 month delay.

PM me and we'll go from there.

Thanks
Chin Lee

dirtyreefer
12-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Chin, what are you up to now? :lol:

What is shipping like from there?

WWWD
12-08-2005, 11:28 PM
im looking at building a 2x2x18 in the new year but i dont think it would be worth doing in alberta would it?

Chin_Lee
12-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Blaine
i'm just looking for a tank for my basement to go inline with my tank upstairs and my sump.

John
its up to you. there are other sources locally but i'm looking for starphire glass as well and with my dimensions, it has to be custom anyways. so i am making inquiries with IA to find out the prices.

WWWD
12-08-2005, 11:40 PM
i know jason mck is looking for a big mother of a tank but he is a little gun shy about mitch after all his bad press.

im just building a smaller sized look down prop tank to grow some stuff out in. so ill probably just get seastar to mod a standard sized 45 for me.

Chin_Lee
12-09-2005, 12:44 AM
i know jason mck is looking for a big mother of a tank but he is a little gun shy about mitch after all his bad press.

im just building a smaller sized look down prop tank to grow some stuff out in. so ill probably just get seastar to mod a standard sized 45 for me.
i personally don't like mitch at all as you can tell from my previous posts about him. but if i'm not in a hurry, i'll still go through him. its only when time is of essence that my frustration exceeds my patience.

TrailFish
12-11-2005, 08:39 PM
I ordered my first tank through IA 36 x 18 x 18 for $200 (reef ready with overflow) and since they were building a petcetera in Van, the shipping was free. I've received another quote for a 60 X 24 x 24 (150 gal.) with dual overflow and starfire front for $900 cdn. plus $100 to ship to Van. Sounds like a good deal and since I'm not in a huge hurry, I may be ready to order this spring.

One thing I have learned in this hobby is patience! Delays are seldom critical as I'm always behind schedule in my latest projects.

I would consider group buy if there was additional savings, but don't bet on getting anything sooner as I'm sure the larger the order, the longer it will take to put together.

Cheers,

Kevin.

Stab_Master_Arson
01-28-2006, 09:12 PM
Good prices. I wouldn't mind the 115g for 250 but I just got ahold of a 4ft acrylic.

Psyire
01-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Be very careful. From what I've read, the PPG starphire plant has never shipped any starphire glass to Calgary. Low-iron alternatives might be used instead, and simply called starphire.

mark
01-29-2006, 05:40 AM
After my experience with IA, all I can say is relax, be calm and expect to wait.

Chin_Lee
01-29-2006, 05:43 AM
I should have mentioned or posted earlier but I'm no longer going to buy from IA. I had bought my plain 120g tank without any frills from Big Al's on Boxing day for $369. Hell of a deal. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.