PDA

View Full Version : Sharknose Vs Neon Goby Video

Samw
12-08-2005, 06:16 AM
OK, this shows why sometimes sharknose or neon gobies die or disappear in the tank when you have more than 1. One time, I had ordered 2 sharknose gobies and they arrived in 1 bag to my office. By the time I brought them home, the smaller goby had already been torn apart.

In the video, the gobies were all plump and fat but still the smaller one was unable to escape the grip of the larger one.

Sharknose vs Neon (http://www.hyperdream.com/~samw/reef/Video/MVI_7100.AVI) 6.9MB
Warning..Graphic Violence...hehe

Beverly
12-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Sam,

You have one terribly violent tank :eek: How the heck do you manage to film all these unusual videos? You're not glued to your tank are you :biggrin: :razz:

Great videos :cool: Keep 'em comin' :biggrin:

christyf5
12-08-2005, 02:59 PM
:eek: Brutal.

I would have been poking at them with my chopstick. "stop that! stop that!" :razz:

In my tank its the other way around. The neon is the aggressor. Mostly there is alot of chasing and such. I have 2 neons and 2 sharknoses. The neons I bought at the same time and they were about 1cm long when I got them. One quickly outgrew the other and became the more dominant one, chasing the other around constantly (actually, chasing everyone around constantly). Eventually the smaller one went missing and since he was rather thin (from all the exercise) I figured he had died. A few days later I found him in the overflow having a great old time. I've just left him in there as he is getting fat and sassy not having any competition for food. I think I might move him to my refugium though after seeing that video. :neutral:

Xtasia
12-08-2005, 04:47 PM
UGH.. THE HORROR! that was really hard to look at... I would have tried to catch them up in a net, and if they wouldn't allow me, I would have torn down the entire tank to get the mean bastard, and put him into solitary.

This is why I will never own an aggressive tank... :(

Samw
12-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Sam,

You have one terribly violent tank :eek: How the heck do you manage to film all these unusual videos?

These are videos that I've accumulated over the years. Some of them are recent and others are older.