PDA

View Full Version : Oh MY GOD

geopod
12-08-2005, 03:05 AM
I was looking for some more of those lovely big honking red eyed crabs again and low and behold I see something under a rock....OK You know the normal size of a bristle worm....ok and they are usually kinda pink in color with with bristles...well I seen one that was purple body with red srtipes down the sides with white bristles....now I swear this thing was atleast as thick as highlighter marker and I dont know what it was doing in there but it is looonnnngggg.. Any ways of coaxing this thing out of its lair????I tried to get a pic but it may have to wait till I yank the rock out to see if I can catch this monster.

george

dunl
12-08-2005, 03:27 AM
Sounds like a mantis.....sent you a PM.

Tarolisol
12-08-2005, 04:35 AM
Sounds like a mantis.....sent you a PM.

I doubt mantis since he said its work like. maybe a fire worm.

geopod
12-08-2005, 04:39 AM
No its not a mantis I know what they are as I have been researching them. This is like a king kong version of a bristle worm

george

BCWolfen
12-08-2005, 04:57 AM
I have one of the beasts in my tank as well. All I can think is that hes a full grown bristle worm. Mine is also grey with the red 'racing' stripes down the sides and all white bristles. I'm sure that as thge smaller pink worms grow and mature they would get to ths size. Mine seems to be content with cleaning up the sand and freaking out any females who happen to look into the tank.

Matt
12-08-2005, 05:38 AM
Big-ass worms, you say? Ever seen this bad boy?

http://www.oregonreef.com/sub_worm.htm

KrazyKuch
12-08-2005, 05:49 AM
wow that worm was discusting

geopod
12-08-2005, 05:50 AM
Yes I remember reading that post on Reef central moons ago. But do you still have yours in your tank Is he eating the fish at all?I am worried that he will eat my goby.Cause that was the goby cave he dug out

george