PDA

View Full Version : Want to help out a poor university student?

Justin_18
12-07-2005, 03:57 AM
Hey everyone,

I started a 15 gallon when I moved here and it's officially ready for corals. YAY! However, being the poor student I am, I cannot afford to buy expensive corals from our local lfs'. So, I was wondering if anyone had some frags of colorful sps, blastos, or zoos that I could buy for like five or ten dollars. They can be tiny, besides watching them grow is half the fun isn't it? Please PM me if you think you could help or have any questions.

Thanks,

Justin

muck
12-07-2005, 04:56 AM
Tell us a little more about your setup Justin?
And are you on campus?

Justin_18
12-07-2005, 07:03 AM
Sure. I practically live on campus, it's a 3 minute walk to my classes, which is nice for when I wake up 5 min before class starts. :biggrin:

As far as tank setup:

15 gallon AGA custom aquarium dim - 20"x15"x12"
All-in-one filter design (similar to that of the nano cube, but better. :biggrin: )

24 pounds of Figi Live rock for filtration right now
(looking for some chaeto to put in my fuge)
Mag 7 return pump hooked up to a SCWD giving TONS of current

Inhabitants:

two tank raised false percs
(hoping to get a yasa hashe or yellow rose antenna goby and pair with a pistol shrimp)

Lighting:

150 Watt HQI metal halide (I don't believe in the watts/gallon rule)

I'm probably forgetting something but if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Unfortunately I also can't afford a camera so I can't post any pics, but I will see if I can borrow a friend's camera and put some pics up soon.

Justin

michika
12-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Hey,

What kind of coral are you looking for? Anything specific? What sizes?

Justin_18
12-07-2005, 08:19 PM
I am looking for colorful sps( maybe greens, blues, orange, red, anything colorful and bright), such as acros, montis- digitata, and/or caps. I also really like blastos and brightly colored zoos. As far as size goes, anything down to an inch of a branch will work. Please PM me with anything and I'll tell you if I would like some.

michika
12-07-2005, 08:24 PM
I dont' have anything for trade right now, sorry. Hopefully I should have something late January. I have alot of greens and blues right now.

Mounted or unmounted frags?

Justin_18
12-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Either mounted or unmounted will be fine.