PDA

View Full Version : What My GBTA Clone Did Last Night - VIDEO

Beverly
12-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Our GBTA clone is still looking for the right spot in our 37g. Have been taking timelapse movies of it for the past few weeks. When I get a few full videos of the clone's movements, I'll post them :biggrin:

Last night, however, shortly after lights out, we noticed the clone was on the move again. We set up a makeshift moonlight out of ghetto materials so the camera could have some reference point to go by when it metered the scene. Set the camera's movie timer to take a flash pic every 10 min.

Here is a very slowed down chronicle of what our clone did while we were sleeping .....
(320 x 240 pixels, 2.3 MB, :54 minutes)

http://www.lostmymarblz.com/v-gbta-tm-lps-night-dec-1-2-05.wmv

saltynuts
12-02-2005, 03:58 PM
thats a hole lot of moven going on.

OCDP
12-02-2005, 04:15 PM
I find it strange that it hasn't yet stayed put for you. Since you've bought yours I have bought a GBTA (last sunday) I put it in the tank... on the rock I wanted it, it moved to the right a bit, I didn't like it.. remoed him and put him back and it stayed put. It's been like that with all my anemones... maybe I am just lucky haha

Murminator
12-02-2005, 04:27 PM
HOLY :eek: I did not know they could walk that fast I was expecting a couple of inches tops. I cannot get mine to move his foot is in a deep crack and he not letting go. He toured every inch of the tank but that involved me moving the rock he is on :razz:

Gizmo
12-02-2005, 09:22 PM
hehe, I wish some people around my office would move that fast. :razz:

Matt
12-03-2005, 01:05 AM
Beverly,

Having had such great luck with the same clone, I feel for your peripatetic BTA. Judging from where mine landed (and stayed) maybe a rock formation that offered a vertical crevasse that it could hunker down into?

By the way, nice work on the timed exposure. That little devil can really move.

Best,
Matthew

Beverly
12-03-2005, 02:20 AM
Matt,

Have been watching the videos I've made and it seems that the clone likes to have its foot under a rock so it can reach up. Have a few places where there are various sized crevices, but the clone stays in those crevices for a shorter period of time than it does with its foot under a rock.

Am going to look at the tank shortly to see if the clone will go cruising again tonight. Will get video if it does. What it does at night while looking for a spot may give me some more clues as to where it might like best to be.

Also, someone on RC noticed a crab in the first 2-4 frames of the vid, in the lower left side. Could be the crab is being a problem for the clone?

andestang
12-03-2005, 02:50 AM
Must'uv been a tired little sucker by morning. Great clip Bev :cool:

Matt
12-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Matt,
Also, someone on RC noticed a crab in the first 2-4 frames of the vid, in the lower left side. Could be the crab is being a problem for the clone?Better eyes than mine... I watched again, and didn't see a crab -- but it has to be something, assuming the conventional wisdom that a mobile anemone is an unhappy one is correct.

Beverly
12-03-2005, 06:17 PM
No luck catching the crab last night, but caught the GBTA making a slight move on another 10 min flash timelapse vid. Glad I set up the camera to record. Am very busy today, but will create and post the new night video when I have the chance.

Oops, almost forgot to mention. Our ocellaris pair from the 67g are now in with the clone :biggrin: The two tanks are very close together and we're working right next to the clone, so the clowns are kind of hiding. Always easier to take down a tank than itt is to put back together :evil: :confused:

Funky_Fish14
12-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Wow, Beverly, that is an awesome 'vid'. Great job on the timelapse photography!

I can see, in the first frame, what I belive may be the crab you were speaking of, as it is gone in the second frame. It is on the lower portion of rock on the left/center-ish that seems to come out to the front a little bit. If you watch closely in the first frame, the 'white/grey spot' dissapears in the second frame.

I do hope it decides to stay put for you sometime soon!

Chris

Beverly
12-03-2005, 10:11 PM

Me, too!!!

Clowns began to host in the GBTA while we had a nap this afternoon :biggrin: :smilecol: :lilangel:

Can't believe such good luck with the clowns :cool: Now all that clone has to do is find a good place so I can feed it regularly, and so the clowns can have their new home :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

BTW, 67g is back up, so we won't be bothering the tank area for awhile.

GO CLOWNS, GO!!!!!

OCDP
12-03-2005, 10:33 PM
It sure is a great moment when your clowns take to their host anemone..... congrats :exclaim:

That anemone probably started moving so much after lights out because it wanted more light and started searching for it. Just a suggestion.... take that GBTA and manually put him on a high point in the rock structure (which is awesome BTW) And blast him with light and just a proper moderate flow. I'd bet it stayed put if it had a good place to wedge it's foot with the addition of strong light and moderate flow.

Beverly
12-04-2005, 02:54 AM
That anemone probably started moving so much after lights out because it wanted more light and started searching for it. Just a suggestion.... take that GBTA and manually put him on a high point in the rock structure

At night, when it's already on the move, I have manually put that clone in several places I thought were good spots. It disagreed with me by moving :confused: :razz: I'm just going to let it find it's own way for awhile. If it looks like there are no places it likes, I'll reaquascape and/or change water flow. The clone is open and looks happy when I don't mess with it. Plus it's eating well and looks bigger every day, at least to me :biggrin:

Here's the very small adventure it took last night.....
(320 x 240 pixels, 2.0 MB, :41 minutes)

http://www.lostmymarblz.com/v-gbta-tm-lps-night-dec-2-3-05.wmv

Have the camera set up again tonight. Wasn't sure if I should do it with the fish in the tank, but figure one quick flash of light every 10 minutes isn't going to freak them too badly. We'll see what happens tonight, if anything.

Beverly
12-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Can't believe how thrilled I am that the clowns have found our GBTA :smilecol:

Here's what they were up to at (our) supper time last night....
(320 x 240 pixels, 16.1 MB, 3:36 minutes)

http://www.lostmymarblz.com/v-gbta-clown-intro-dec-3-05.wmv

Snappy
12-06-2005, 04:44 AM

Me, too!!!

Clowns began to host in the GBTA while we had a nap this afternoon :biggrin: :smilecol: :lilangel:

Can't believe such good luck with the clowns :cool: Now all that clone has to do is find a good place so I can feed it regularly, and so the clowns can have their new home :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

BTW, 67g is back up, so we won't be bothering the tank area for awhile.

GO CLOWNS, GO!!!!!

I think your best luck isn't your fish, it's having time to take a nap. :razz:

Matt
12-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Congratulations, Beverly! I was so excited when my clown hosted -- it is a great feeling.

Continued good luck!

Matthew

Beverly
12-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Congratulations, Beverly! I was so excited when my clown hosted -- it is a great feeling.

Thanks, Matt :biggrin:

And thanks for the zoos you dropped of yesterday :biggrin: :cool:

The first day, only the female went into the clone while the male loitered on the sidelines. The female was subtly chasing him away. That first night the female stayed in the GBTA and the male stayed in a bottom corner looking pretty sad to me :sad:

Second day, the male was more aggressive. When the female's back was turned he rubbed himself all over that GBTA :razz: Female slept inside the GBTA while the male slept on top of it. Sounds strange to say that, but the GBTA holds onto a rock's underside at the bottom of the tank. When the lights go out, its face falls to the bottom of the tank.

Anyway, the third day, the male hosted in the GBTA most of the time. Don't know what happened to the overbearing female, but she seemed to let him have his way. That night, last night, both slept in the GBTA, even though I've been trying to move the clone with extra water flow on the clone all day and night yesterday.

So very cute watching them discover their places in the GBTA, though :biggrin: :cool:

Got more videos if anybody wants to see 'em.