PDA

View Full Version : skimmers

fishguyxd
12-02-2005, 01:19 AM
I am going to be looking at some skimmers to fit in my sump.
I have thought of the asm actually i was told by a friend that there an alright skimmer. Is there a certain model or bells and gagets I should make sure it has (ie needle valve or a venturi type ) sorry i just started reserching so not up on the lingo. :confused:

It's for a 72 gal bow tank with a 30 gal sump :smile:

Jason McK
12-02-2005, 01:36 AM
I have an ASM 3 I think it's an amazing skimmer. Loved it from day 1

J

vanreefer
12-02-2005, 09:28 PM
ASM G4X here and I love it

fishguyxd
12-03-2005, 03:21 AM
Are they a plug and play or do you have to tweak it for awhile?

Abbyreefer
12-03-2005, 05:36 AM
ASM G2 for me.. Get the G3 and you'll be happy. The G2 comes with what I htink is an underpowered pump. Pretty much plus and play but there are alot of mods that can be done to enhance performance.. Gate valve, recirc mod, deltec mod and filter mod to name a few.

vanreefer
12-03-2005, 06:19 AM
definately plug and play... ran mine in the bath tub overnight the next day it was pulling out thick stinky stuff

Johnny Reefer
01-03-2006, 02:48 AM
Can an ASM G series be used outside the sump?

Do they have a drain port for running a line to a secondary waste collector? (like the Bullet line). If, not, do you think it could be modified for that?

Any idea on whether or not it could withstand the pressure once the waste collector got full? (Bullet waste collector has a ball stopper when it gets full).
(I suppose just running a line to a bucket would work too, though).

I like the looks of everything the Bullet line has to offer, except I'm not sold on the Beckett system 'cause I hear they are prone to clogging, so I'm researching needle wheel.

Thanx much,:smile: