PDA

View Full Version : Gold Stripe Maroons from Coral Ocean

Chaloupa
11-28-2005, 05:51 AM
Thanks to Anthony I was able to pick up these 2 beauties from Colin at Coral Ocean.....after a trade that didn't happen...this was a welcome addition! http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1706Maroons_in_Anemone.JPG

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1706Maroons_kissing-med.JPG

fakename
11-28-2005, 05:54 AM
I love that rose bubble tip!!!!
I need to find one of those.....
HAHA And the clowns are beautiful too :mrgreen:

Chaloupa
11-28-2005, 06:18 AM
THANKS! I started out with 2, now I have 4 RBTA's. We "peeled" the 2 that are in this tank off rock from our reef tank...not the best way but the only way we could as they were causing trouble for my corals.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-28-2005, 06:23 AM
Glad you're happy with the gold stripes :biggrin: I'll let Colin know that they're doing well.

Anthony

deacon hemp
11-28-2005, 07:08 AM
they have mini rbta's at j&l right now.

OCDP
11-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Nice clowns.

Not to be a downer or anything just thought I would mention this... that RBTA does not look too healthy . It's bleached.. I am sure you're aware of this (maybe due to the split or removal?). The bleaching is caused from stress which could be from lack of lighting / lack of food. It looks like it needs some TLC, and those maroons are going to stress it further.. maroons get pretty rough with their hosts.

Just a heads up... not to sound mean at all.. just so you know!

Scott

Chaloupa
11-28-2005, 02:56 PM
Hey thanks for the heads up OCDP...he was moved a short while ago as he was not eatting(unable to get to him) and stressing out some corals due to where he was...so he was moved to here. He eats very well, and they feed him quite well when he isn't targeted. I had 2 RBTA to start then they split so I have 4...have had them all for just over a year.

Diana
12-02-2005, 09:27 PM
I saw an anenome at Big Als once that looked like yours... it had NEON pink tips. I dont know if it was just an unhealthy RBTA or it was supposed to look like that... but it was beautiful. I want to find one badly but can seem to anywhere.

Nice clowns! Raf and I got a pair from Colin as well just like yours... and they are finally settled in together!

:mrgreen:
-Diana

Chaloupa
12-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Hey Diana-mine have always looked like this....I don't know if they are bleached or not...but they seem quite happy and healthy (if you can say that an anemone is "happy" :lol: ) eat well and are quite open and bubble tipped. I at least hope that they are ok...as we got them when we were very very very new to the SW hobby! My maroons took to them right away, as did the false and true percs that have been near them...long story on that....my clowns tolerate each other....and are getting better...she now doesn't attack him when he gets near one of the two anemones. She lets him have one and she has one...works well..I don't care if they don't "pair up" in the true sense but I like being able to have 2 maroons in one tank! Congrats on your pair! These are one of my favorite clowns! The black ones are a close second but GS Maroons...the best!!! I do have a guy from Edmonton that wanted one also....he offered to buy one of ours (very nice guy) but I declined unless they split again and the clones are healthy. :biggrin:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-02-2005, 10:00 PM
FME, the maroons should eventually pair up. Getting them to tolerate each other in the same tank seems to be the biggest stumbling block. Mine hated each other for a week, then they tolerated each other for 2.5 weeks, then one morning he moved in with her and they've been inseparable ever since. Awwww, what a love story, eh :biggrin:

Anthony

Raf
12-09-2005, 06:10 AM
I saw an anenome at Big Als once that looked like yours... it had NEON pink tips. I dont know if it was just an unhealthy RBTA or it was supposed to look like that... but it was beautiful. I want to find one badly but can seem to anywhere.

Nice clowns! Raf and I got a pair from Colin as well just like yours... and they are finally settled in together!

:mrgreen:
-Diana

Yup, i also got mine from the same place and am VERY happy with them. By next month, they will be in my brand new 110gallon! :biggrin:

http://www.malawimayhem.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4501