PDA

View Full Version : Best Grey Cup game ever

StirCrazy
11-28-2005, 01:51 AM
I have to say this was the best grey cup game I have seen in 32 years.

and my team even won :mrgreen:

Steve

Beermaster
11-28-2005, 01:59 AM
I would have to agree, well except for Ricky Ray

saltynuts
11-28-2005, 02:00 AM
i had to work just got home.
game sounded good

Murminator
11-28-2005, 02:58 AM
twas a nailbiter :eek:

demon666
11-28-2005, 03:00 AM
maas should have played not ray i hate the coach he should be ran off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

StirCrazy
11-28-2005, 03:30 AM
maas should have played not ray i hate the coach he should be ran off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm did they win? I was thinking the same befor, but realy do we know how Maas will preform for more than 15 min? Ray did a awsome job tonight, he only had two or 3 bad drives but our killer de-fence was a big let down although they made up for it in the last 5 min of the game and in overtime.

Steve

demon666
11-28-2005, 03:34 AM
true but i still dont beleive in ray........... it took 8 games for him to throw a td pass where it only took maas 4 plays to throw a td in bc last week would have only taken 3 if the receiver could have held on to the ball the play b4.

muck
11-28-2005, 04:05 AM
Definately one of the greatest grey cup games Ive watched.
What about Sean Fleming!! Didn't miss a field goal (on purpose) all playoffs.

And what was Calvillo thinking trying to throw the ball twice in Overtime.. :rolleyes:

StirCrazy
11-28-2005, 05:03 AM
And what was Calvillo thinking trying to throw the ball twice in Overtime.. :rolleyes:

he was thinking unless they got a TD they lose so no point trying to set up for a field goal :mrgreen:

Steve

muck
11-28-2005, 05:07 AM

he was thinking unless they got a TD they lose so no point trying to set up for a field goal :mrgreen:

Steve

But you'd think he would have known that it was an illegal play. :razz:

StirCrazy
11-28-2005, 01:34 PM

Steve

But you'd think he would have known that it was an illegal play. :razz:

yup, but maybe he though he would get away with it.

Steve

Murminator
11-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah but what if it was legal...... the receiver missed the catch. I betcha by now they would have found his body :eek:

muck
11-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Yeah but what if it was legal...... the receiver missed the catch. I betcha by now they would have found his body :eek:
I know.. I was laughing so hard.. :lol:

Edmonton Eskimo
11-29-2005, 12:39 AM
I would like to ask evryone to lay off poor Ricky. In the three years we have had him we have made the grey cup and won it twice. I would say that is pretty good. You have to look at the team around him as well. The reason why maas looks so amazing is that he has a stronger arm than Ricky and the offensive line doesn't need to give maas quite as much time as they do Ray. You can also look at it this way; the eskimos are like the yankees of the cfl and everyone wants to beat them badly. And as for our defence not playing well come on!!! That was one of the best defensive games we have played all year. I guess winning the championship isn't enough for some people until next time I'll just shut my big yap!

demon666
11-29-2005, 12:55 AM
lol jay......... you just said it yourself maas is the better qb....... stronger arm ol doent need to give as much time as they need to give to ray..... imo maas is the better qb and ray should be going th hamilton not maas.

Edmonton Eskimo
11-29-2005, 01:55 AM
I said he has a stronger arm not a better qb. He gets the ball to the reciever quicker that's all. When a team chooses a quarterback they have to tailor the team especially the offensive line to that quarterback. I like maas a lot too but let's face it has he won us a grey cup let alone two? And let's not forget Ricky Ray isn't the one calling the plays and every play isn't going to work all the time and oh yah we won the grey cup :mrgreen:

StirCrazy
11-29-2005, 02:45 AM
And as for our defence not playing well come on!!! That was one of the best defensive games we have played all year. I guess winning the championship isn't enough for some people until next time I'll just shut my big yap!

winning was good enuf for me, and I didn't say they played bad only that they didn't play to there usual level (which was even noted by the guys doing the coverage and stuff during the game) usually they have way more sacks and forced errors than they did that game but yes they were still a good defense.

as for Maas, we won't have to worry about him isn't he traded? or was that just a rumor?

Steve

demon666
11-29-2005, 04:51 AM
rummor has it hes gone