PDA

View Full Version : New Tank!

fortheloveofcrabs
11-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Hello everybody!

I've been kinda out of the loop for a while as work has been taking up more of my time than I would like, but such is life. Having said that work takes up too much of my time, I've decided to start a new tank (make sence, en?!?) :lol: It's a 54 gal DSB (I want a dang jaw fish!) and currently the plan is 2X 192 watt light stips (384 watts of CF) and 4 Maxi jet 600 for flow. My plan is to make it a LPS tank... Enough talking though, I have a question, who makes those powerheads that rotate back and forth automatically? I know I've seen them in some of your guy's tanks (I think Harvey had 'em and maybe Bev too...) I'm taking the Beverly approach to this tank (not a BB, but no external plumbing :biggrin:) so I want to ensure that I have the flow part covered. Thanks all!

-Pauli

mr_alberta
11-26-2005, 06:13 PM
Are you talking about the Sea Swirls I had Paul? Those aren't powerheads as you need a pump to pump water through them. They are just rotating nozzles.

Good to see you back!

fortheloveofcrabs
11-26-2005, 06:31 PM
Interesting..... Disappointing, but interesting.

It's good to be back - thanks.

-Pauli

Murminator
11-26-2005, 06:48 PM
I have a question, who makes those powerheads that rotate back and forth automatically?

I have one it is a zoomed powersweep if I remember correctly

yup here it is

http://www.zoomed.com/html/powersweep.php

KrazyKuch
11-28-2005, 12:28 AM
Their is also those reef rats
http://reef-rat.cjb.cc/

fortheloveofcrabs
11-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Thanks guys, that's exactly what I was looking for!
-Pauli

mr_alberta
11-29-2005, 09:04 PM
Don't get those Zoomed Powersweeps Paul. Look around on some of the larger reefing forums like Reef Central and you can read about all the unsatisfied people.

Those Reef Rats are nice, but work on the same principle as the sea swirl.

Murminator
11-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Don't get those Zoomed Powersweeps Paul. Look around on some of the larger reefing forums like Reef Central and you can read about all the unsatisfied people.

Those Reef Rats are nice, but work on the same principle as the sea swirl.

I like mine no problems yet (1 year old) every couple months you do have to strip it right down and clean which is no biggy

muck
11-29-2005, 09:43 PM
I have one and it worked for about 3 days.
No matter how well i cleaned the darn thing it wont sweep anymore. :confused:

Chad
11-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Where do you even get those Reef-Rat ones? I do not see any links to buy etc