PDA

View Full Version : White BTAs

fakename
11-26-2005, 06:17 AM
I'm sure all of the Vancouver folks have seen the white BTAs in the small reef display at Big Als in Richmond. At first I just thought they were bleached, but apparently they are all offspring of the really white BTA with the flourescent pink tips on the same rock.
They all look so healthy I am starting to believe they may not be bleached. Maybe they are albino or something (???).
If they are for real I REALLY want one!!

What does everyone else think of these particular BTAs??
Does anyone else in Vancouver have any clones or similar BTAs???
(The guys at Big Als say they got that rock as a trade in)

Just thought I'd check :)
Aaron

mr_alberta
11-26-2005, 02:20 PM
I have a similar one (also from Big Al's). Its 2 years old now. For some reason mine never get big, it just splits. I feed it once a week and have good lighting for it but it never grows any larger than 3" in diameter or so...it just splits :rolleyes:

fakename
11-26-2005, 03:49 PM
That's what the people at Big Als here claim their's does too. At first I thought it was bleached because they have only 165W PC on that tank, but they seem too healthy to be bleached.....

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-26-2005, 07:19 PM
I think that is a white BTA, not a bleached one because I've seen one in my friend's tank & it is sweeeeett :biggrin: He has great lighting & water parameters & it does really well, just doesn't "colour" up so it seems to be a true white BTA.

AC33
11-27-2005, 04:38 PM
Are you sure it's a white BTA? It seems more like a pink-tip condy anemone:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=630

That might be the reason why it never grows past 3 inches.

deacon hemp
11-27-2005, 09:34 PM
It could be a veitnemese marble bta,they come pretty much white,usually off white with marble and pink tips.