PDA

View Full Version : I'll have that meat.. rare...

Xtasia
11-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Yummeh... Zoo serves its exhibits.. and dog.

http://news.sympatico.msn.ca/OddNews/ContentPosting.aspx?contentid=f5d64131866a480481be a03b4571c8a3&show=True&number=3&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc

Jason McK
11-24-2005, 05:44 PM
That's just crap. I can't believe people would actually get a kick out of that

J

OCDP
11-24-2005, 06:11 PM
where's that puke emoticon?

jws444
11-24-2005, 07:34 PM
It's no more grotesque than trying to serve filet mignon in India.

I think I find the commerical novelty aspect of it more distasteful than the actual types of meat served.

Beermaster
11-24-2005, 08:31 PM
I personally dont see what the issue is? you eat Cow, Pig, Chicken and Fish dont you

What about people that hunt, Deer, Moose, Elk ect........

Chad
11-24-2005, 09:55 PM
I think its more of the fact its some of the rare animals. Not quite the same as cows and pigs which are reared simply for eating purposes and of which there are thousands of. Unlike say, tigers..

Coldwater
11-25-2005, 03:14 AM
I don't find that gross but I dont understand why anyone would want to eat a giraffe :question: . It would be an experiance you would never forget. They still should of charged more...

Matt

GobiGurl
11-26-2005, 02:32 PM
I do recall wanting to try buffalo and ostrich meat when it became available. The food chain is a nasty thing, we're just lucky we're big.... :neutral:

blood_hound
11-26-2005, 03:20 PM
I do recall wanting to try buffalo and ostrich meat when it became available. The food chain is a nasty thing, we're just lucky we're big.... :neutral:

Ostrich meat are good its like beef but more flavour :biggrin:

lil_clownfish13
11-27-2005, 02:47 AM
thats just vile...i mean its one thing to try new things....but honestly-- whats next??

tasting babies?

LostMind
11-27-2005, 02:58 AM
Wow, its just meat. We are higher in the food chain... it's natural, circle of life and all that.

Plus, some of the best meats I have ever eaten have been game meats.

I don't think eating endangered species is cool... but it's not disgusting or one step away from eating babies...

jmho

demon666
11-27-2005, 02:58 AM
come on ppl........ ppl in kenya have hunted these animals for years for there meat...... its just the same a the hunters here who hunt moose and deer and antalope and so on and so forth.......... its just wild game. if we were all in kenya we would be hunting them too..... or we would be on the food chain...... just a little snack for a full grown male lion.

Tarolisol
11-27-2005, 06:21 PM
come on ppl........ ppl in kenya have hunted these animals for years for there meat...... its just the same a the hunters here who hunt moose and deer and antalope and so on and so forth.......... its just wild game. if we were all in kenya we would be hunting them too..... or we would be on the food chain...... just a little snack for a full grown male lion.

Exept those are endagered species.

Funky_Fish14
11-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Those are animals, just like every other animal on earth, just like us, we are animals too, any animal can be eaten for meat, but the thing that bothers me about that is the fact that those animals are on engangered species lists. Also, WHY would a zoo, who's aim is to conserve the presense of those animals, be doing exactly oposit of that?

Sure they may have been hunted in africa but I dont think that is legal, as I have never heard of that being done, except by poachers. I know some are still hunted legally, but those require permits, and alot of money, but I dont think it should be legal. Elk, deer, moose, ducks, game-birds, etc... are different, the reason we are allowed to hunt these animals is to keep their populations in check, these animals are nowhere near endangered.

Thats just my 2 cents...

Cheers,

Chris