PDA

View Full Version : Black sand ?

deacon hemp
11-23-2005, 02:00 AM
Does anybody know where to purchase that tahitian black sand? and does anybody have a tank thats using it?(pics) Ive used that oreo looking stuff from caribsea but i want all black.

blood_hound
11-23-2005, 02:59 AM
PetsMart

cindyt
11-23-2005, 03:26 AM
Big als too :)

Tarolisol
11-23-2005, 03:38 AM
I have black sand in my 20g, it was quite expensive. I dont think i would do another tank with black, you just cant keep it black, the rocks put crap all over it and it never stay very black.

deacon hemp
11-23-2005, 04:38 AM
I have black sand in my 20g, it was quite expensive. I dont think i would do another tank with black, you just cant keep it black, the rocks put crap all over it and it never stay very black.

Thanks guys,I am aware that its hard to keep clean but a big thing about my tank is it wont have fish,and i'm cooking my rocks which should really take down the leeching of crap from the rock.Im also still not 100% im using it.

Tarolisol
11-23-2005, 06:06 AM
I dont have fish in my tank either, just make sure you get the rocks super clean, and shake the H*LL outa them in a bucket of saltwater before you put it into the tank.

deacon hemp
11-23-2005, 06:23 AM
I dont have fish in my tank either, just make sure you get the rocks super clean, and shake the H*LL outa them in a bucket of saltwater before you put it into the tank.

Acually even better im cooking them for a month,maybe longer.When its done the rock will look amazing.