PDA

View Full Version : RODI Unit

Seriak
11-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Well it looks like I am finally going to upgrade my RO Unit. I was planning on just purchasing the unit from JL, but I have heard comments about this ebay store (Aquasafe) Is this tank worth it or is it just a cheaper unit for lower budgets. I had never heard of it until now. Just want some feedback on a good RODI unit.

Thanks in advance.

OCDP
11-22-2005, 05:43 PM
I don't know first hand, but hear a lot of reefers using Aquasafe units because they are affordable and of good quality.

SJSobczyk
11-22-2005, 05:47 PM
AQUA SAFE! Purchased 2 of them and i have never had any problems. Good quality unit and it knocks the PPM down to 0. Definitly worth the money.

Steve

TNTCanada
11-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Does anyone have the link to buy these units direct from the shipper out Vancouver?

Cheers
Tyler

muck
11-22-2005, 06:17 PM
http://www.aquasafecanada.com/

DanG
11-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Big thumbs up from me for the aquasafe unit. I bought the maximus with the extra filters, the tds meter and psi meter and couldn't be happier. Knocks my tap water down from 65ppm to between 0 and 1.

Seriak
11-23-2005, 12:40 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys. I think I have been persuaded.

MobyDick
11-23-2005, 01:50 AM
I picked up one of the units of ebay for my next set-up..Haven't set it up yet but for 366$ I got the whole works and 6 years of replacement filters!good deal if you ask me! :biggrin:

crusty1
11-23-2005, 03:39 AM
I own the Aquasafe too and I have always thought of it as a good bang for the buck. However, I am not a fan of the DI stage. Water flow does not travel through it evenly, and you will be throwing out expensive resin before it is fully spent. I am looking to buy a vertical DI unit, or at least mounting the one that I have vertically. There is another company called Purely H2O sold through Extreme Marine (I don't know who else retails) has been given some pretty great reviews. The prices are good too. Take a look.
Not knocking Aquasafe, just referencing other alternatives.