PDA

View Full Version : Table saw anyone???? or use of???

DJ88
12-29-2001, 01:49 PM
Anyone have use of a table saw today or tomorrow?

Want to start making the stand for my new tank today.. Patience is not my strong suit when it comes to my corals.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Troy F
12-29-2001, 02:05 PM
My neighbour has a small table saw with a good blade that I might be able to get tomorrow if it is a nice day.

If you can't get a hold of a table saw. I used a power hand saw for the majority of cuts on my hood and stand and had a table saw available. I just had a good straight edge/guide.

DJ88
12-29-2001, 02:10 PM
Thanks Troy.. my only options are bothering Marc in Chilliwack. Which I dont' want to do.. Long drive and he has company. Or paying windsor plywood to make the cuts.. Which again I dont want to do.. Being cheap here. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

You did yours with a Skil saw? you doing anything tomorrow.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

[ 29 December 2001: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

Reefmaster
12-29-2001, 02:46 PM
darren home depot will make the cuts for a very reasonable cost. i think about 50 cents a cut or so. just an option. shane

DJ88
12-29-2001, 02:48 PM
Last tiem I asked it was up to a buck.. sigh.. I have lots to make.. trying to cut costs.. lol

Reefmaster
12-29-2001, 02:52 PM
damn. rising prices - i ended up buying a dewalt table saw a while ago. if only you were still in vic...

SuperFudge
12-29-2001, 03:00 PM
Heyya guys! images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif,

Darren,

I think they (our company) will be going to theyre parents tonight for dinner(unsure of time just yet),so you are welcome to use it if you want tonight....i must warn you tho,it has been sitting rusting in my carport for awhile(before that,my fishroom) so everything is seized up on it(the fence especially)so it makes it a little difficult to use.....but if its just for the 2x4 portion of the stand it would be fine......but if its finishing work i probably would say your better off saving your self the trouble.I have since resigned it to rough cuts only now.

It seems all my tools have paid the price of being in the same room as 1100 gallons of 80 degree saltwater. images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

(i will reply again when i know a time they will be leaving if you want Darren)
Marc.

[ 29 December 2001: Message edited by: Fudge ]

DJ88
12-29-2001, 03:04 PM
mmmm Dewalt.. *drool* lol!

I'll be in Vic on friday as a matter of fact.. handing in that damned ID card of mine.. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marc.

Keep me posted.. I am not staining this stand.. many layers of paint.. and as well putting moulding on the edges etc.. so it doesn't need to be perfect..

[ 29 December 2001: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

SuperFudge
12-29-2001, 06:37 PM
They Just left Darren,so anytime is good,escpecially for fizzy pops!
Well....except when using carbide tipped blades @ 2500 rpm of course! images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Marc.

[ 29 December 2001: Message edited by: Fudge ]

smokinreefer
12-29-2001, 07:11 PM
do you have the wood already or are you buying it?

FWIW, everytime i bought wood from HD, theyve made all my cuts for free...maybe about 10 cuts or so...youre mileage may vary.
images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

One_Divided
12-29-2001, 08:47 PM
Darren, you'd be welcome to make you cuts over here when you're in vic if you'd give me a hand with my stand. We've got it all.

[ 29 December 2001: Message edited by: One_Divided ]

Shadetree
12-30-2001, 04:02 AM
Darren,

I have access to skill saws and a rough table saw in Burnaby. I do not know about today though. Give me a call.

Scott

DJ88
12-30-2001, 04:12 AM
Thanks Scott.. may be ealier if it was closer to here.. Tho a few fizzy pops with marc may be fun.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I'll keep everyone posted..

Thanks guys..